Bike shop owners/employees: What're the odds of leveraging your employment to pull off a QBP GB?

no pedo

[quote=kowloon]Elder, to be honest, I didn’t reallly think it through thoroughly. I found out QBP distributed Nitto; QBP wouldn’t sell to me; I wondered aloud (on this forum) if anyone could help. I’m not interested in taking food out of anyone’s mouth or whatever, I just want some handlebars.

Sounds like it’s moot at this point anyway.[/quote]
Okay. That’s cool. I like the food in my mouth (currently pretzels).

LOL at “s their d”. Didn’t even know what that meant til Ashes/Dust shed his light on it.

I just try to stay classy on the internet.

All bike shop employees and owners, pretzels are on me. Send me your address. Offer void where prohibited.

for what it’s worth, ben’s sells EAI product at about 10-15% above cost. they’re already undercutting everyone else.

bens sells a pair of b123aa’s for 87.99 and I sell them for 90 on my site. So I think that the group discount if tarck did oh let’s arbitrarily say 6 handlebars(because it’s an evil number), would come out cheaper.

ahah, no pedo for realz

a big reason for me to get into the bike biz is to get free product trade stuff. so far it has been pretty lackluster. =(

no shop would be able to give you a good enough deal to make it worth the trouble after paying for shipping.

if there was a group of local people that all wanted to buy the same thing, could cut a deal at say… 5-10 units depending on what it is. that’s where most suppliers break their pricing, but only by a very small amount.

here’s a better idea: be a loyal customer to your lbs and they will hook you up, but don’t go in fishing for deals and hand-outs. bike shops are businesses, they are in existence to make money.

i don’t need a group buy to get stuff for cost from qbp :bear:

do tell.

he works at a shop

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh… whose d did you have to s for that sorta deal?

I think we should form a coop of sorts for the many group-buys that go on here! Don’t we just need the apply for and open accounts with manufactures to get wholesale prices? I know that is really oversimplified but for the sake of this thread… I could look into if there is an interest.

this is just the sort of thing that manufacturers and suppliers try to avoid.

Getting a QBP account is no small matter.

yup. you got it.

so you have to s your b’s d?
unless your b is a g and then you could B your L on her Ts.

I love the shop I frequent for many reasons.
Chief among them that they have gigantic QBP books sitting around all over the shop that I can look at and order shit from.

This is just the sort of thing that makes me hate people who don’t give a shit about their local scene and will screw them over just to get parts for cheap. I mean, I dislike capitalism as much as the next person, but this is just fucking lame. Anyway, someone already came up with a better way to make sure local shops lose business. It’s called Performance. And you don’t even have to be a member.