Bike Vs. Bear

This hit the local news today. Good story, but I doubt the dude was doing 45mph.

http://cbs4denver.com/watercooler/bike. ... 57376.html

Theres no way you hit anything that size going 45mph and the bike is fine.

He could have been doing 45 mph downhill but as far as the bike being fine… must’ve been a downhill armored indestructible bike with road slicks.

How fast was the dude going who hit the dog and collapsed his wheel?

I don’t doubt the guy was at one point riding 45MPH, but he must have just grazed or even dodged the bear and then blamed the fall on a bear. Hell their might not have even been a bear. If I fell because of some dumb ass move I would attribute it to the wrath of :bear:

The next time I crash, I’m calling the news, tripling my speed, and blaming it on a bear.

The bear probably took the brunt of the impact. Hitting 500lbs of flesh is not the same as hitting a wall.

Though you’re right in that I doubt his bike was “fine”. Could have conceivably avoided major damage though.

Tarck bear will strike you down.

This is some really awesome storytelling.

What if it was the same bear that the female Tri rider hit. Can you imagine the poor bear thinking ‘FUCK, NOT AGAIN !!!’

This is some really awesome storytelling.[/quote]
this could happen. for real. one time i was skateboarding, with my katana, going about 85 mph and a dinosaur tried to attack me but i was going so fast when it hit me that my katana broke through its’ case and sliced the dinosaur in half without slowing me down at all.

[quote=“SteveSentMe”]The bear probably took the brunt of the impact. Hitting 500lbs of flesh is not the same as hitting a wall.

Though you’re right in that I doubt his bike was “fine”. Could have conceivably avoided major damage though.[/quote]

My girl hit a 100 pound Chinese guy on Market and bent her fork back nearly to the downtube. She was going closer to 15 than 45.

P.S. My leather jacket has bear drool on it from last time I went camping. True story.

Seriously laughed aloud at this.
“Please, not the kidneys, I’m donating one of em to my sister! fuck!”
HAHAHA!
aaaaaaahhhhh!!! :bear:

I can’t take credit for this creation, but it certainly applies.

Haha.

This all happened because we cant get proper tarckbear t-shirts. :frowning:

I’ve been thinking about busting out the Print Gocco.

old dude roadie speed estimation / 2 - 5 = actual speed

45 / 2 - 5 = actual speed
22.5 - 5 = actual speed
17.5mph = actual speed

the numbers dont lie.

-j

So the bear didn’t run away until a deer appeared? WTF?

Oh I’ve been t-boned by a guy in spandex going 45mph… no biggie… but fuck, there’s a deeeeeer! I’m audi!!!

I think the reporter must’ve been drunk?