Bikes Direct knocked off the Fuji Track Comp

[quote=toast]fuck. it even comes with diamante pro’s?

i got nowhere near 800 spare dollars, though[/quote]

What? Quality stock tires on a sub-$2000 bike? On a BD build no less? That’s almost unheard of… so many road bikes I see come stock with Zaffiro’s and other trash tires on the shop floor…

Bike is definitely a smokin’ deal and just about the perfecto entry level bike for someone wanting a frame they can use for more than a season on the track without growing out of, rims excluded. The thing is pretty much race ready with those tires, even if they’re clincher.

I’m surprised it even comes with a pretty quality cockpit vs. the generic no-name bar/stems I’m used to seeing from BD.

Honestly, I would hesitate to call the FTP/Track Team “entry level”. Sure, it doesn’t have the integrated seatmasts that come on some super expensive bikes, but that’s really the only difference between this and the 2009+ FTP (and the 6061 aluminum), or the Felt TK2/3, or even my Vig. This frame is still plenty stiff and reasonably aerodynamic. The FTP has been used on numerous national titles wins, and I know that Brad Huff rode his at Worlds. Basically, there’s no reason for most riders to ever need anything more than this.

The wheels are definitely ho-hum, but that’s really no different than the wheels on every other off the peg track bike. Most serious racers already have their own or will buy some high end wheels, eventually.

Oh no, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the frame itself is entry level. I’m saying the price is entry level for something that’s race-ready, what with most aluminum track frames coming in around the $700 and up region for frame/fork/HS. It’d be hard to find a better deal at $800 full build. You could probably do it from scratch buying used stuff/eBay deals but it’d take a lot longer.

Would be in for one if I didn’t already own a tarckbike. Ships November 11th? That’s a little late, c’mon!!

Would be in for one if I didn’t already own a tarckbike. Ships November 11th? That’s a little late, c’mon!!

buy bike

sell parts

sell frame

??

= PROFIT

Ugh I am thinking of turning the Fuji Track(not pro) into a commuter and buying this.

If you do, let me know what size frame and save yourself some money? I’ll likely buy the complete and sell the frameset, if anyone’s interested in a $300ish frameset instead of $350.

If you do, let me know what size frame and save yourself some money? I’ll likely buy the complete and sell the frameset, if anyone’s interested in a $300ish frameset instead of $350.[/quote]

I am a 56cm.
I also might be buying.

Well, I figure if I’m going to be selling off the frameset, it would be wiser to let someone choose a size then order instead of ordering in my size and trying to sell that off.

Yea makes sense. Granted frame doesn’t really ship until Nov. Let me know when you get ready to order, I need to save up some cash and see if I will be doing track riding seriously.

If you do, let me know what size frame and save yourself some money? I’ll likely buy the complete and sell the frameset, if anyone’s interested in a $300ish frameset instead of $350.[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing. Of course I might be able to flip the frame on ebay for more than 350, but who knows. If anyone else wants to do this let me know.

this frame, built with thomson/dedapista and external bb cranks such as omnomnoms, and a tight wheelset(low spoke counts(black bladed spokes) with red nipples/hubs to graphite aeroheads persay) would be 1. pretty damn light 2. the sweetest bike this side of custom built heaven.

I am a 56cm.
I also might be buying.[/quote]

Tom, Danger, whoever:

Just thought I’d see how much interest there was in doing this as the time gets closer. Anyone still down to pitch in for the complete and get a cheaper frameset out of this?

just bought something else. no longer interested sorry

man the fuji is so much prettier.

I’m probably going to sell my Javelin since I can’t really benefit from the frame anymore, and because this bike is going to be a reasonable alternative. Also, there’s the H-Plus frame, if he makes a small one.

BC, be the ying to my yang?