BOXXXX

This, a million times this. Less than 500 grams, 23mm wide, eyelets, and as low profile as you can get 'em and still hold enough spoke tension to do a low spoke count build. What kind of alloys do you have access to? Niobium? Also, offset rear would be nice, but that would require tooling for two completely different extrusions.

You get the 29er XC market, the touring market, the cross on clinchers market, and the road bike dudes like myself that are drinkin’ the wide rim koolaid. Fixie kids will want to trick on 'em and well, that’ll lead to tacos for lunch.

Lol’d.

Dumb question: how does that work without causing pinch flats or rim damage? Is the inner profile between the hooks shallower or something?

Dumb question: how does that work without causing pinch flats or rim damage? Is the inner profile between the hooks shallower or something?[/quote]

No. They’re also less prone to pinch flats.

So basically any wider rim gives the “tubular effect” with narrow tires?

Minus the weight of course.

[quote=NKOTB]So basically any wider rim gives the “tubular effect” with narrow tires?

Minus the weight of course.[/quote]

That’s what the propaganda says.

I was looking into hed ardennes wheels as crit wheels. Hmmmmm. Silver mack road hubs to lo-pro h+ rims. Mmmmmmmmmm.

80mm deep rims milled from solid steel billets

This, a million times this. Less than 500 grams, 23mm wide, eyelets, and as low profile as you can get 'em and still hold enough spoke tension to do a low spoke count build. What kind of alloys do you have access to? Niobium? Also, offset rear would be nice, but that would require tooling for two completely different extrusions.

You get the 29er XC market, the touring market, the cross on clinchers market, and the road bike dudes like myself that are drinkin’ the wide rim koolaid. Fixie kids will want to trick on 'em and well, that’ll lead to tacos for lunch.[/quote]
yup, this.

I’ll be super stoked to see these rims no matter what. personally, I’d like to see 36h drilling cos haz 36h Dura Ace rear hub, but… I know you think this is a dead standard. But nice used Shimano hubs are much more readily available in 36h drilling than 28h. and like Heath said, the touring market.

With solid rebar hubs.

With solid rebar spokes.[/quote]
ftfy

also, that Wolber profile is too close to aerohead-looking. please go for something boxier.

Don’t the wider clinchers also have slightly taller walls? I thought that was part of the design. You can’t just run 23’s on salsa delgado’s and expect it to feel better.

Also, I’d like to put in a word for slightly wider tubulars. There are lots of low profile tubular rims out there, but for cross, the wider ones work better. Sun made the vista cruiser to fill that niche, but the word on the street is that it is a shitty rim. Mavic Reflex’s are slightly wider than the norm. What if you went slightly wider than that? Still able to run road tubies, but a better gluing surface for cross.

Also also, would like a 25mm lightweight tubular. Also thinking of cross.

Wide rims!!!
Eyelets
Low profile box
Silver
32 / 36 drillings (and I suppose 28 or something)

Then I buy 'em.

man, i’d love to see a ma-2 or a ma-40 looking rim from hplusson.

650b plz?

Word. Can we all kinda agree on the MA40/MA2 profile updated? (also considering GP-4/Araya 16B) Significantly lighter and a bit wider?
will prob do 28,32,36

High polish no CNC
Hard ano with CNC
Regular Black ano with CNC

hy!

eyelets?

of course.

this is quite wonderful