BRAGBRAI 2020: Tarck folx of privilege form a team

I live an average of 5 hours drive from the western border of Iowa. One option for logistics is the shared SAG vehicle is acquired in MPLS and various folks from afar converge in MPLS (my house is 10 minutes from the airport and can accommodate large numbers of tarckers for a single night), from whence we would road trip across the Midwest to whatever town it starts in.

Potential complication is that detouring to MPLS would add a lot of hours for Chicago participants.

2 Likes

Can we sticky this thread

Omaha could be another gathering airport point. My parents’ Barn/field can camp as many people as we want. No RV, but they do have two different enclosed cargo trailers for bike transport to the starting town.

This is still all super tentative right? Isn’t there like a lottery system for registration due to demand?

1 Like

Weren’t we just going to pirate the ride?

3 Likes

where we’re going, we don’t need road registration

7 Likes

this needs a sticky

If you vote for me to become a mod, I will personally sticky this thread

3 Likes

I think I stickied it. I almost accidentally deleted it though. Y’all should find someone better to do this kind of stuff.

1 Like

Vote Willie dustice
For bike dork forum justice

4 Likes

From what I remember…

There’s sort of a lottery but every person on a team is an entry. So if you register a team of like 10 people, if one person get it then the whole team is in. If you have like a 2 person team you might get fucked but I think the odds are such that having 5 or 6 people on a team basically guarantees you get everybody registered. My buddy did all the registration stuff for us but it was never a problem, I can ask him for details.

kyle is lucky im not mod because id ban him for almost deleting this thread

is there any perk to actually signing up proper? traditionally speaking, tarck is absolutely not about registration

1 Like

Rules for Tarck outside of Tarck
1.dont talk to cops
2.dont register for organized rides

7 Likes

From what I remember, you need a wristband to get in the opening night expo. It allows you to use the transport truck for gear, not a big deal if you have a team. Biggest thing is it acts as SAG insurance if you bonk or break your bike I think.

It also gets you into the official campground in each town, but half the fun is camping on some school or church or redneck lawn.

I’ve got mixed feelings on pirating it, but I think you get most of the experience without the registration.

I’m all about :pirate_flag:

3 Likes

in fact we should all fly pirate flags
or wear pinned pirate flags like race numbers

2 Likes

I’m new and have no business getting into something like this but I’m totally interested. Crazy bike things with cool people you’ve never met in person are kinda awesome.

3 Likes

You’ll be tired of us by next summer and the idea of spending a week riding with us will be just as repulsive as we all refuse to admit that it is.

11 Likes

I spent like most of a week with frank once and it was a good time.

2 Likes