Breaks squeaking

french?

Everyone in Portland runs or should run Kool-Stop salmon compound brake pads. Take your bike to the nearest shop and ask for them.

Campy Deltas are known for not stopping that well. I’m assuming that’s what you’re running.

“french?”

yes. are you french?

[quote=“pierre”]“french?”

yes. are you french?[/quote]
non. et encule.

I fart in your general direction.

I don’t really want you to die Angie. That crap would probably get national news time and I’d have to listen to my mom go on about the dangers of biking. I don’t know much about bikes, but is it standard practice to sand a brake? and was this the actual caliper or the pads?

On the real, she should take her bike to the LBS.

She said she already did, and they told her it was fine. So unless they’re assholes or complete idiots, it’s probably fine.

She should take it to another LBS. Brakes are one of the things I just wouldn’t fuck around with if I didn’t know anything about bikes. I wouldn’t really care if they squealed though. Its just the sanding bit that has be confused.

I completely missed the post about sanding the pad.

No, just ignorant about bikes and wanting to learn

The guy that helped me said he had sanded the pad, I assumed that was normal when dealing with these situations.I guess that makes sense if he thought the pad was slightly larger than normal and that might be the reason why it is squeaking.

wat? lol!

wat? lol![/quote]
::facepalm::

?

no braks

[quote=“kowloon”][quote=“pierre”]“french?”

yes. are you french?[/quote]
non. et encule.[/quote]
I am a bastard?lol
I can insult you in three different languages (Spanish,English,Italian) so watch out :colbert:

I am not ready for that yet

wat? lol![/quote]
Of all the people to not get that joke…