Cannondale bad boy or WHAT??????

a friend of mine just picked this guy up. Such a cool bike! (in the nerdiest way possible)

I am starting to lean towards the big Buzz. and through some 23mm tiers on it I am just a little hesitant since it is the REI brand. But I know that is stupid. I think I need to go ride the Big Buzz and the Bad boy. I am hopping to get in on the 20% coupon.

I would quicker jump on an REI brand commuter than a similar offering from cannondale.
But thats sort of a personal preference issue, I havent been incredibly thrilled with cannondales value vs cost performance recently.

I know that part of the attraction to the c-dale is that I still miss my old one that I messed with and had converted as a SS. Purely sentimental. I do think the REI is a better value. I am going to try to ride one this week!

if you can get your hands on an older cannondale I’d do that, it’s just that new I dont feel you get the bang for buck you used to. Salsa or kona might be another place to look, though you might be pushing your cash limit. I think the best thing to happen to around town grocery/errand/commuter bikes is disc brakes, I’m all about that business.

whats the clearance like? could it fit 35s?

whats the clearance like? could it fit 35s?[/quote]

Standard and disc, yes… the ultra, no.

Just road the Big buzz… It was a little strange to be on a bike with a freewheel it is a different ride then I am use to. But fun. I think with some minor alterations (those bars are really wide) I could be happy with it especially with the member coupon brining it down to $640. I did not ride the Cannondale. I found out that you cant use the coupon on any of the C-dales. And no mater how much I miss my old bike, there is not a $400 difference in the to bikes… at least not to me!