CAT6 eternal

in the future you may want to try some Glide on your taint, really helps with my roid rage

1 Like

:colbert:

Preparation H Raymond is always here to help:

1 Like

so I rode my Cycletruck to work today in normal clothes and chacos

climbing up 12th Ave to Capitol Hill, backpack guy in half shorts and shimano clickr shoes passes me +8mph super close on the empty 4 lane road to stay in the bike lane

I catch him stopped at the unsynchronized light at Madison, and out-maneuver him into the center turn lane at Pike. He follows, and passes super close again only to turn right after crossing Broadway.

I descend Boren to get to work, and he’s sitting there stopped waiting at the Boren/Pine intersection as I cross with the light. He’s stopped behind my middle-aged female friend on her own Cycletruck, who rings her bell at me so I stop to hug and chat excitedly right in front of him while their light is still red.

felt like a Moonwalk 360° of cat6

13 Likes

Some guy in a “Colorado Bike Law” jersey made a pretty shitty pass on me today, on the inside of a 90 degree turn. Nothing happened but it was pretty dangerous and I didn’t like it so I passed him.

Then I took a gravel detour that I knew would slow me down so that I could pass him again.

That’s all.

6 Likes

You won cat6 today.

Same. Lungs hurt, though. :expressionless:

:owl: Just had an amazing encounter with an owl on my commute. It was dark as I was riding down the Green River Trail & passed by a signpost which had an owl sitting atop. As I crossed in front it took flight right in front of my face and followed the trail at head level for about thirty seconds before turning off into thick trees. About a minute later it came out of nowhere and was again flying just above my headlight beam. It turned off down towards the river a second time just before I rode over a wooden bike/ped bridge which it flew under! I continued on until it met up with me a third time and repeated its pattern before turning around. I typically spook a shit-ton of rabbits :rabbit2: along this stretch but none today, would have been interesting to see this encounter in my headlight beam. Perfect Halloween :jack_o_lantern: Moment at dusk! Thanks Luxos U!

8 Likes

the owls are not what they seem

2 Likes

hella jealous of your synchronised owling. that’s awesome

Years ago I read on a forum somewhere about an MTBer descending on a fire trail when an owl swooped in and flew in formation above the rider for miles, both silently gliding through the night. It sounded incredible.

It would be really interesting if this turned out to be a learned behavior for hunting.

1 Like

Thought that owl was a gritty emoji

1 Like

I think you’re correct. Staff at my local massive cemetery/owl hotspot told me about owls flying alongside their trucks at night. One guy speculated that the truck flushes rodents and makes for easy hunting.

Birds of prey are at significant risk of death near highways – they like to eat rodents squished by cars and end up getting squished themselves.

After dropping sup off at work on the tandem this morning, I started heading to the coffee shop for a quick snack before riding back home. While stopped at a light, a guy in Rapha shorts passes me right when the light turns. I catch up, preparing for my eventual cat6 victory — beating this guy while I was one-up on a tandem with panniers was too tempting! But, he runs the next red light (closely passing a stopped cyclist) to get away. I catch up on a small bridge over the freeway and am on his wheel as we come over the crest. He runs a red light again, this time at the bottom of the hill. I turn off to get coffee.

DNF

1 Like

you automatically win a CAT6 if your competitor runs a red light

7 Likes

Exactly.

I thought there were variables to this rule?

What if you’re both taking a red light together?

you shouldn’t do that. Both disqualified,race results nullified, next cyclist to pass through the intersection wins.

1 Like

Are yellow lights a disqualification?