CAT6 Forever

Touché.

[quote=GrandmaJordan]Was out on team skills ride today, heading out to the spot where we were going to do drills. There were 9 or 10 of us in a double paceline, going at an okay clip, but not blistering fast. All of a sudden, some dude with a boner stem Cervelo, fancy deep-dish carbon wheels, and what looked like sweatpants comes huffing and puffing around us. He gets about 40 feet in front of us and then runs out of juice. We passed him again, and he apparently tried to hang onto the wheel of the girl at the back, but didn’t last long.

Dudes. :colbert:[/quote]

Sounds delicious.

brotips:
http://quarterlybicycle.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/riding-like-a-pro-and-dropping-all-your-friends-a-competitive-commuter-checklist/

While riding up the hill to my house at a relatively leisurely pace today, I caught up to some teenager riding slowly on an old road bike. I passed him and about five seconds later I hear him yell “fatass!” I slow, turn around and ask him to repeat himself. He says, “fatass, I’m gonna bring this shit you fucker!” I gave him a thumbs up, told him him to have a nice day, and dropped his slow dumb ass.

Lol

Slow down then brake check + elbow. Duck that guy.
Edit: I dare you to duck that… guy.

Tried to make conversation with the only other cyclist I saw while going down a rutted unplowed hill this afternoon but when I looked at their balaclava-clad face all I saw was terror. I think racing cross has made me far less terrified of such conditions than your average bike commuter.

You talk to people you see on the road? I wave to people going the other way but if you’re ahead of me I won’t say shot and will do my best to crush you into dust unless I’m feeling lazy

Tried to be pleasant to a guy on Monday. He was riding side by side with his supgirl, slowly, and looked back at me but wouldn’t let me pass in the bike lane. Passed in the road and asked him how it was going, and got a blank stare. Hope his sweet Spinergys didn’t asplode.

Then riding up a hill at Discovery Park came up behind a guy who had pulled off to the side for a break. Naturally, as soon as I got near he pulled out in front and proceeded to wobble slowly up the remaining portion hill in front of me. Good vibes all around.

I don’t see enough other people to talk to. Had a bum tell me once what he was on a bike because he lost his license. Talked to another guy for about half a mile since we were both on the same trail headed home. But it doesn’t happen often.

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]brotips:
http://quarterlybicycle.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/riding-like-a-pro-and-dropping-all-your-friends-a-competitive-commuter-checklist/[/quote]

Again, I don’t see that many other bike commuters around here and reading things like that horrify me. Honestly I think I’d rather take my chances with cars than another 3 dozen people on bikes.

lulz.

Also, maybe this should go on the JA of the day thread, but it also applies to CAT6ing.

I heard from others in our work building that there used to be bike storage in our basement, but there were no actual racks to lock your bikes to down there. People just brought their bikes in, leaned them against something, or freelocked them, and prayed to their gods that their shit would still be there at the end of the day. Much to their chagrin, a lot of shit actually got stolen. So, building management, instead of addressing this the right way, just decided to cover their ass and close off the basement. .

WTFH. Aren’t they required, by law, to make some kind of safe indoor storage available?

^ I think a lot of people just see bikes as large dirty toys and they have no respect for them or the needs of people that depend on them for transportation.

Somewhat related, One of the parking garages downtown here has/had a secure area to lock your bike up for a nominal fee. I used it one time because work wasn’t open yet and I couldn’t leave it there, and when I got there they were surprised to see me because apparently nobody uses it, and they just let me keep my bike in their office for $1 because it looked expensive. AFAIK businesses are not required to have a place for bikes. There are a couple buildings I deliver to that have called to tell us not to bring bikes inside, even though they don’t have bike locks outside and they will not take responsibility for anything that happens to the bike there. I bring my bike inside any building no matter what if I have to go much farther than the front door though. Also they removed the bike rack in front of the court house in case someone locks a bike bomb up to the rack, rofl.

the terrorists are definitely winning then

Holy shit! There’s no way that wasn’t because of “this bike is a pipe bomb” stickers on a bike. Punk as fuck.

I have informal and pleasant conversations fairly often. It is the shitbirds that arrest me in a cafe or walking back to my bike that annoy me.

Doesn’t sound like it. If there is a designated place to park inside, they must let cyclists have access. No place to park (close it down), no reason for access. Strange.

Not regularly, but the weather was shit and they were the only other cyclist I saw yesterday so it seemed appropriate.

This being tarck it should go without saying the conversations are telling them their bike sucks and why.

These guys are fast and don’t give fucks, a few of them anyways. Lols at dropping people on their recovery rides cat6 racing the one reasonably fit 4 up every single rise in the road.

what?