CAT6 Forever

Local team that basically drinks itself silly off the profits of their twinsix jersey sales, Category6 racing. I repeatedly spurred one of their cat4 racers into taking strava kom while everyone else treated it as a recovery ride. Thinking about joining the team this year.

Punchline: I provoked cat6 racing on a cat6 racing group ride.

^ I have no idea what you’re talking about.

It’s an inside joke only Rando is inside of.

meta?

I’m imaging Rando thinks this thread is about all the bad ass cat6 dudes we see on the road and he has no idea we are actually talking shit about these turds. He’s now outed himself as a nerdy cat6 turd that sucks your wheel up a slight grade but passes you in a descent with a smug look as his reflective pant leg velcro strap flaps in the wind.

How the fuck in duck can you not understand the preposterous act of cat 6 racing someone in a cat 6 kit. Making the cognitive leap involved in finding that inpenetrable or and inside joke is head scratching.

it’s your relentlessly obfuscatory syntax, bro

Catinhat.jpg

Was riding at a comfortable pace on the way back home, then noticed some guy in an undefined designerbro aluminum fixay turn into the street a couple of blocks ahead.

Wasn’t in the mood for CAT6-ing so just slowed down, let him pick up the pace, and rode a safe distance behind him (i.e., didn’t wheel suck) for like half a mile.

He then looked back, saw me still riding behind, freaked out, then started gunning it… not noticing a car just up ahead steadily slowing down at an intersection, and nearly rear-ending it. Luckily he managed to stop on time.

I saw an opening, coasted slowly past him, shook my head, then turned left at the intersection into another street.

Sw8 race, bro.

Your bike is fast and loud
better check yourself making everyone check yourself

Certainly loud. Fast only on descents and/or flats.

Gravel Cat 6.ed on foot (me) by time-traveling 2007 fixie bro on the footpath around Greenlake today.

Whip skids were witnessed.

lulz. When I first moved to Seattle and new to cycling I figured that loop would make for a great scenic ride. It was like riding down a carnival promenade.

Last 2 mornings I’ve had roadiebros destroy me on every descent for the last couple of kms of my commute. Then on the next climb I slowly roll past them, only to be whipped again on the descent. Roadiebros need to work on climbing and stop worrying about their descent KOMs.

Lulz indeed.

Getting intense out there. Two monstertrack bros with carbon disc wheels hanging off my wheel today up a small hill in central park (whoosh whoosh whoosh). Soon as I saw them I dropped anchor and they droped the hammer. We saw them later and they’re actually “training” for the red hook crit. More hammer drop from one of them. Watching someone with more wheel than fitness try to spin one of those up while going up an incline is like seeing a sprint in slow motion.

I’m limiting my speed to 13 mph or so tomorrow.

maybe you need to work on your descending

I think he means they can hit gears on a downhill they’d never normally find. So they dump all the watts there instead of on the climb. It’s actually a pretty solid race tactic on a shorter course with one big hill as long as you can carry your advantage all the way back to it.

No doubt. I need to get moar serious about my cat 6ing, need to get the fire in my belly and really WANT the win.