CAT6 Forever

I squeal like a pig.

On the commute this morning, got shoaled by two guys at a set of lights. No problem, skinny roadie bros, so I figure they’ll be off and away. Lights change, first guy disappears, second guy just hangs in front of me but at about my pace so no probs, I just sit behind him. Ride along for a bit, then get to a slight incline and he just dies in the arse. Speed drops by about 10 kmh in the space of 10 bike lengths, I nearly ran right into the back of him even though I wasn’t drafting him. Weird. So I went around and just rode away.
What is it with people who have no idea how to maintain momentum?

Maybe they were coming off of a long ride or something. Could explain them splitting up and one of them slow-rolling the hills on the way home.

Possible, but it was 5am Monday, more likely to be heading to the start of a bunch ride than finishing up.

I once wound up riding behind a skinny roadie on a plastic bike thinking “why am I able to keep up with this guy so easy on my 35 pound bike?” Then later strava told me that he was right at the end of a 75 mile ride lol.

I’ll check fly-bys…

I feel ridiculous for doing this. His ride was 14km, but he’s ridden nearly 3000 km this year already. I’m just gonna assume he was heading to work and taking it easy.

I once wound up riding behind a skinny roadie on a plastic bike thinking “why am I able to keep up with this guy so easy on my 35 pound bike?” Then later strava told me that he was right at the end of a 75 mile ride lol.[/quote]

I was finishing up a hard 50 mile ride once and slow rolling through town with a buddy. Had an internet famous messenger catch us at a light and was giving some serious “I’ll show these dorks what’s up” vibes. I just lold and rolled home and took a nap.

I Cat 6’d a guy on my way home from work, but was stopped at a light. Guy shoaled me just as the light turned green and turned left across 2 lanes of traffic to “prove” he could “keep up” with me but without having to follow through with it.

We call that the Cat 6 DNF.

I once wound up riding behind a skinny roadie on a plastic bike thinking “why am I able to keep up with this guy so easy on my 35 pound bike?” Then later strava told me that he was right at the end of a 75 mile ride lol.[/quote]

I was finishing up a hard 50 mile ride once and slow rolling through town with a buddy. Had an internet famous messenger catch us at a light and was giving some serious “I’ll show these dorks what’s up” vibes. I just lold and rolled home and took a nap.[/quote]

hahaha, I love the guy but his ego is as famous as he is.

No, not THAT guy. This was over 10 years ago. It was some NE knucklehead that blew through for a while when the Cutthroats were big.

I have pictures of THAT guy on his first rattle can fixie conversion wearing ridiculously short shorts though. Truth be told I don’t think he would have pulled a move like that since he was 18 anyway.

Dude he was so skinny and innocent looking 10 years ago. Now the pictures of him fighting are terrifying. He’s fucking huge and scary. I hope I see him in Riga this year.

Back to Cat6 shit: I think I was the only one on the commute this morning not showing 3"+ of ass crack. What the fucking hell is wrong with people. I’m not trying to stare into a hairy asscrack for 20 minutes and I’m not trying to make other people stare into mine.

I have got to know who y’all are talking about but I’m guessing theres a reason you havent named him.

Haha. Nah. It’s just funnier to pretend it matters.

Holy fucking shit this Nordavinden goddamn.

I finally got everything together this week re: drivetrain and decided to ride it to work with one goal in mind:

NO riders will pass me today.

Nobody passed me except one guy who I let pass me. I let him pass me because he was drafting me at like 28mph or something and I was hoping he’d try so I could nuke him. Also, I was thirsty and forgot my bottle and there was a water fountain. Well, the fountain was turned off still, so I hopped right back on the path and caught him (on his cervelo wonderbiek) pretty quickly. I waited until I knew there was a short, steep climb and then made my move.

I’ve never big-ringed it up so many hills before I got this bike. I nuked him, as I’d hoped, but the icing on top was the audible “FUCK! GODDAMNIT” that he muttered as he stood up and mashed the pedals.

My turn was about 1/2 mile up the road and he caught me at the stoplight. A full 30 seconds later.

My house was pretty close so I just chilled for the last bit, and as expected he flew by me at full tilt.

I broke 26 PRs today.

With this opening I was expecting it to fall apart as you dropped the challenger, thereby relinquishing your CAT6 title.

With this opening I was expecting it to fall apart as you dropped the challenger, thereby relinquishing your CAT6 title.[/quote]

Nah dude I feel like I’m cheating with this bike.

flawless victory.

Remember how Rawland made an awesome bike that everyone loved and then inexplicably stopped in order to chase some ridiculous dead-end trend?