Celebrity poopbarn

So if you could choose only one of these setups which would you pick?
I’d probably go with the first one + buttrocket

Also, I still can’t get over all the suspension corrected bikes with rigid forks that would benefit from relocating gear storage from the extremities to the wasted space in the area occupied by a larger theoretical main triangle.

This one looks the most like a deathtrap. Those compression bags behind the fork terrify me.

2 Likes

yeah gumby’s gonna have problems with those stuffsacks. a lot of these folks are simply carrying Way Too Much Shit

I’d probably go with one of the Air9s or the Cannondale FSI Factory, this one is ready to do some actual racing:

edit: oooh or this curve GMX2 prototype:

1 Like

That wasted space is surprisingly small once you measure it. I designed my last hardtail around extra frame bag space and then later realized it didn’t make much of a difference.

This is what I’m feeling on most of these rigs, just so much stuff and lots of it is packed in a way that I would avoid. I was happy to see Nico is packed pretty light.

1 Like

Damn that Curve GMX looks like its missing some gear…Im all about packing my fears!

Wonder how many photos are “this is my shakedown setup 3 months ago” vs Raceday Ready prior to packing before their flight.

I’d hope that most of them have enough experience to know what they personally need. I have no doubt some will bring gear they never touch but I don’t think we’re talking like first time hikers here.

1 Like

I’m finally going through the whole list.

This ^ b‍ike is using the funky Gevenalle shifters on TRP hylex single speed levers. That’s the last configuration I’d want to take into the woods.

Here’s my top 3:

This is very smart

1 Like

If seen people carrying more on their way to work than some of these setups. They must know something I don’t.

when you’re on your bike for 20 hours a day there’s not much you need that’s not on your person already.

3 Likes

I think you are right… or here is my bike with half my kit on.
Here are my picks. Steve and Geof are both top 4 TD riders and I just like Kirras fully rig, because I really feel that fullies and suspension are really under-rated in this stuff. Her kit seems very light though.

56%20PM

Is this a stock setup? Are the risers on a backwards stem?

Might be a siren fred bar?

Yeah, looks like a Fred Bar with Profile 70mm risers.

All of this is making me want a fat-tired aero-bar bike.

5 Likes

Hah! The interviewer, Ross Burridge is doing the TD too, on an SSer.

So wait, you’re telling me that a Q brand made a bunch of awful design choices in order to satisfy the wants of ~1% of their potential buyers? I’m shocked.

6 Likes

My friend raced the Divide back in 2014, and his total pack weight, including bike, was like 28 lbs. It’s amazing how little some people can do without.

1 Like

This was pretty enlightening. I dig Bailey’s 2018 setup a whole lot. Really you don’t need a whole lot because you’re not really doing much except riding, eating, and sleeping, and you don’t have to carry 20 gallons of water or 5 days of food because at race pace you’re never more than like 36 hours out from the next town.