cheap carbon.

^this guy gets me^

[quote=white folks]the question i’d ask myself is

am i anywhere near fast enough to warrant this?

or would that money be better spent on another couple doughnuts?[/quote]

No one should ever ride anything better than what Eddy Mercx rode.

nah but the truth is a caad9 is more bike than most people will ever need.

i used to nyuck up on weight weenie crabon wheels but holy shit feels awesome

also totally want to build up a sweet fixay 88mm chinese crabon clincher wheelset for shits and giggles but would rather spend money on road bike :frowning:

Co-signed on CAAD9’s. But they’re not nearly as special as all the freds on Bikeforums make them out to be.

These are some of the “most people” Doug is referring to.

Plus those clyde-freds would probably get more of it from the stiff-as-hell LHT

TC: kinda want a CADD10, but the only cannondale dealer in town is the shop nobody likes. So I’m just going to paint my 1885 flat black and murder it.

Being a clyde myself, let me tell you that there is a world of difference between riding a Cannondale anything vs. a steel bike with standard or OS tubing. There is a reason I ride the stiffest most uncomfortable bike ever made.

Being a clyde myself, let me tell you that there is a world of difference between riding a Cannondale anything vs. a steel bike with standard or OS tubing. There is a reason I ride the stiffest most uncomfortable bike ever made.[/quote]

Doesn’t this guy race cross on one of those bonded alu jobbies? Oh, and I think he weighs 12 pounds.

Blazed Elf? Yeah, he’s a wispy fucker. Probably would blow away in a strong wind.

Not enough surface area.

You ever ride an LHT?

Most oversized steel bikes use 8/5/8 or 7/4/7 tubing, but the LHT still uses 9/6/9 and has a double-oversized top tube to boot! They made the seat tube externally tapered to be extra-thick at the top and still had to ovalize the TT to make the joint weldable.

Shit is stiff as hell and is almost the ideal base fredmobile.

I’ve got an ALAN with tubulars but it’s a road model.

Am 6’4" 140lbs.

Just around the block a few times, but yes.

It’s definitely a stout frame, but not what I think of as a “stiff” ride.

I think you’re getting your fred categories mixed up. Around here the lines are a little blurry.

LHTs are amazing bikes.
Definitely not for us whispy fuckers though.
145/5’11"
Shit was overbuilt for me, I gave it to a touring lesbian

Shitty bikes are made in every material.

No free lunch, sadly.