Cheap place to find Chrome messenger bags online?

Teh lady wants one for Christmas,
but $140 is steep for a Citizen (the Chrome website)

I found this

http://www.paragonsports.com/webapp/wcs ... 4_-1_1.htm

I was wondering if maeby there was somewhere else?

Teh ebayz.

edit: And ha for you.
I got one like three years ago and it was like 95.

Bike co-op

surely in portland bikes co-ops are on the corner of every block but they’re not very common in some cities

Ski mask

Portland is one HUGE bike co-op.

Bums pump up your tires at stop lights.

They offer new tubes at the Taco Bell drive thru.

Girls judge you base soley on how many gear inches you’re running.

Chrome really tighten down on their sales network and set a strict MSRP so there’s probably not too many sales/deals on new bags.

ebay is probably the only place you’ll find one much cheaper than anywhere else.

Post a want ad on CL. Someone might have one laying around that’s pretty much new.

Chrome sucks. Banjo Bros FTW!

check this out

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/958785819.html

eBay. I got a new metropolis or whatever for just under 100.

i got a kremlin for 92 new

Showoff :colbert:
It’s weird I saw several of the largest Chrome backpacks for cheaper than my medium mess bag.

i got a chrome metro for 100 bucks from someone on txfixed. that won’t help you, but i just wanted to post.

Getting one shipped to you will probably cost you around $10 so whatever the savings are remember that. Ask yourself if it’s really worth the hassle to not find a local shop you like doing business with and order it from them.

We sell tons of chrome bags and if I don’t have a color someone wants I order it for them and never charge for shipping.

Regarding the msrp thing… it’s good when companies do this. It’s to try to keep cheap fuckers and ebay scumbags from devaluing their product. If you don’t think their product is worth what they charge try a different product.

I count three bike co-ops in indiana: bloomington, indy, and goshen (huh?). The one in bloomington, barely had parts, let alone mess bags.

This.

It’s not cheap to make well-designed and durable product in the US, and Chrome has a great dealer system that believes in their product and believes that good bags should command the fair selling price that they do.

yeah, i’m back in richmond now but i didn’t even know indianapolis had one?
bloomington bike project is pretty awesome now, though.
at least the few times i’ve stopped in, dropped stuff off.

no mess bags though.

well poop on chrome

This.

It’s not cheap to make well-designed and durable product in the US, and Chrome has a great dealer system that believes in their product and believes that good bags should command the fair selling price that they do.[/quote]

“Fair” is what the market will bear. Chrome is trying to artificially protect the profit margins of their dealer network. For better or for worse it’s not “fair” nor is it free market.