Chrome Fork 22mm Rake

Any nice one’s floating around? My brief search yielded nada.

you want a fork with 22mm of rake
doubt you’re gonna find one

[quote=“dooktruck”]you want a fork with 22mm of rake
[/quote]

Oops. Correct. And fuck.

Does your frame currently have a 22mm rake fork or is this in hopes of teh mad barspinz?
you could get a stock pista fork and raefixie it. It’s originally a 28, after you muscled it up a bit you could get it to 22 I bet. Plus they are chrome.

[quote=“frankstoneline”]Does your frame currently have a 22mm rake fork or is this in hopes of teh mad barspinz?
you could get a stock pista fork and raefixie it. It’s originally a 28, after you muscled it up a bit you could get it to 22 I bet. Plus they are chrome.[/quote]

It’s for a bike that came stock with a 22. I’d rock a 28 and probably not be able to tell the difference after a few minutes, but those unicrown ones are beat.

Try calling Alien to see if they’ll sell you just a fork

http://alienbikes.com/gear.html

28mm rake
lugged
chrome “effect” whatever that means

edit: actually this doesn’t look very promising since they’re still waiting on the framesets.

My suggestion would be find either…
A) a pista concept fork
B) a bareknuckle fork
C) some other non unicrown fork betweek 22-30mm of rake

the first is probably pretty close, I had one on my Bareknuckle for a while and it had very little rake if I remember correctly, bareknuckle forks are also pretty low in rake, and I think you can find 28mm forks elsewhere, maybe soma?

Edit: Soma is 40mm, no dice…if you are set on it, spicer does custom forks with 0 to 38mm of rake, I’m sure he could bust one out for you in 22 and it would look mad nice. The downside is it’s like 280 bones. You might shoot him an email and see if he has anything or can work you a deal, gene seems like a nice guy.

I’m starting to think that the thing to do is just get the stock fork chromed.

The Concept fork is a good idea, and I actually have one laying around right now, but I need 1" (forgot to mention that) and it’s CF so I obviously can’t chrome it. I have a Spicer lugged chrome fork here as well, but it’s just too raked out for this frame I think (38mm). It looks like the Soma fork has even more rake (43mm).

I was really hoping that someone would know of some company fabing nice sloping crown chrome forks like the Bike Works straight blade fork, but with less rake.

you’re asking an awful lot there bud haha.
what bike is it for?

KHS Aero.

Yeah, it was a long shot, but this and Google are my only online bike resources at this point so I figured I’d try.

dang, i didnt know those KHS’s were that low on rake.

Yeah, from what I can figure out, the 60cm is 74* seat/steerer and 22mm rake. Should be a pretty rad ride.

I’m trying to figure out how twitchy, comparative to other people’s rides, my bike is. It’s got a 74.5 headtube with a 43mm rake fork. The stem is 100mm I think. How does that add up for you guys?

my bareknuckle is 75* and 38mm of rake I think. Maybe a 110 stem.
blicks it seems your setup would render more trail and hence be a little less twitchy. I’m no expert on geometry etc, so dont expect me to explain it, but I think lower headtube angles and more rake means more trail which equates to more relaxed handling.

Steeper headtubes and longer rakes add to twitchiness, slacker headtubes and shorter rakes add to stability.

So your bareknuckle probably handles similarly. When you ride do you find it difficult to keep a straight line? I feel like I’m all over the place. I mean, it’s good, since there are so many potholes here…

[quote=“blickblocks”]Steeper headtubes and longer rakes add to twitchiness, slacker headtubes and shorter rakes add to stability.

So your bareknuckle probably handles similarly. When you ride do you find it difficult to keep a straight line? I feel like I’m all over the place. I mean, it’s good, since there are so many potholes here…[/quote]

I really like the ride of my bareknuckle. It’s not terribly hard to keep a straight line, but definitely more twitchy than my road bike. We have lots of potholes as well, so the touchy handling helps some. I feel downright sluggish on my road bike now, but sometimes I really like the feel of the way it rides.

i think the bareknuckle fork is actually 35mm rake.
less rake means more trail. more trail means more stable ride.
slacker headtube angle also means more trail.