Conchradha aka Shamrock Shake aka this bike was too cheap to not buy

The bike allegedly had direct mount brakes when built and they were replaced with centerpulls. Some shit got moved around apparently by the second framebuilder and I don’t wanna move it back.

This seems slightly more reasonable IMO.https://www.somafabshop.com/shop/product/18512-ene-ciclo-mini-rack-for-centerpull-brake-3464?category=716

tarck bike rack team of experts, assemble!

1 Like

I have done this more than once, yeah gotta get that screw length juuuust right. Also I assume it helps if the fender is perfectly radiused so you aren’t relying on the bolt to suck the fender up into place.

On the nano: Nano bridge

On 'sups Trek I used a sheldon nut, then a canti brake pad holder eyebolt threaded into it, and then a screw from inside the fender up through the eyebolt eye. Def. not the lightest, but it was secure.
Trek Elance bridge2

15 Likes

:pray:

I believe that despite the name, they should be used as “bag support” not “rack”, and should absolutely have a decaleur somewhere in the system too.

It seems the same to me. Same mounting points. Maybe a bit less leverage since it is shorter front to back? Maybe strong enough with a well adjusted decaleur?

I’m not an engineer or a rack nerd so :man_shrugging:

not what I’m asking

could you use standard-reach 57mm dual pivots for 700c, or are you stuck with using something longer?

it could have had brazed on centerpulls that were all fucked up and replaced with plain bolt on centerpulls, but no way it had shimano direct mount with that fender clearance

they both do the same thing sandwiching the brake’s backing plate

1 Like

I could get away with standard dual pivots if they would clear the fenders. That would then leave me with the question of which rack to use though, because I only have a lowrider barrel braze-on and a fork eyelet. The lowrider barrel currently is holding fenders too

those barrel brazeons on the fork legs appear to be several inches too low to be used for a standard lowrider rack (and the back of the leg is pretty inconvenient too)

1 Like

Just went and measured. I guess they are too low. I suppose my options are either one of those wobblefests posted above or some kind of Orc creation… I think this bike 100% deserves a front rack. Maybe when I do the grand overhaul one day Ill get something better brazed on.

I guess a constructeur style front rack will work

Sup lives a few blocks from them and I’ve been in a few times. She worked in their shop for a few weeks in between jobs. Last time we were in, she wanted a new saddle and they basically told us to go fuck ourselves. They had some kid who must have been in high school behind the stand. I’ve gotten incredible every time I go in to service from Revolution Cycles and would much rather go there.

1 Like

Oh who are you? Or when was the last time you were there? I worked there for years

1 Like

Is Revolution Cycles the Springfield of LBS names?

5 Likes

Absolutely

But in this case there enough context clues that I feel pretty sure he is talking about the one I’m talking about

2 Likes

Or one of those Soma Lucas racks.

That rack went to the co-op, sorry

1 Like

I was last in a few weeks ago with my sweetie. I don’t live in town and I suspect i don’t go in often enough for anyone to really recognize me.