Contador ha!

i’d bet there are a few local masters racers on some shit.
hell if i were some hot shot rich lawyer hitting 50 and seeing the young guys get faster with less work and me continually get slower, while working harder…well then its really just a question if you have the money to do it right.

but yeah lulz @ dopin to win some socks

Uh… no. Not at all. I’m pretty sure cycling is worse than any of the “ball” sports. Simply because it’s a lot easier to improve fitness and stamina through doping than it is to gain a sport-specific skill.

well there is baseball. dumping ground for everyone who sucked at basketball, football, soccer and track and field.

so yeah i guess your theory holds.

[quote=white folks]i’d bet there are a few local masters racers on some shit.
hell if i were some hot shot rich lawyer hitting 50 and seeing the young guys get faster with less work and me continually get slower, while working harder…well then its really just a question if you have the money to do it right.

but yeah lulz @ dopin to win some socks[/quote]

Fuckin’ HGH is ~$300-400 per month. Too rich for my blood. I might consider hormone replacement therapy at some point, though. That could actually be potentially legitimate.

[quote=white folks]i’d bet there are a few local masters racers on some shit.

but yeah lulz @ dopin to win some socks[/quote]

kenny williams?

best masters doping suspension:

LOL. he ended up getting a 3 month suspension reduced to “time served” (less than a month).

so does schleck get the tdf win next to his name now? surely contador can’t still be the winner after testing positive during the race. a one year ban is a load of bullshit really.

If the suspension holds, then AC is disqualified from the Tour dating back to the time of the doping infraction. Since that was during the TdF, he is no longer than winner, and Schleck is.

does that mean my fantasy tdf team actually won, too?

[quote=aerobear]kenny williams?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/williams-admits-to-doping-positive[/quote]

not as funny, but I think ‘the cash register’ was o-fficially pro (at least on the track) when that went down.

Seriously though–do you really think anyone can play American football without a large amount of steroids? At least the linemen.
…and I’m talkin’ as a fan of that sport…

i always assumed they did. i read lawrence taylors book and he never even lifted weights ( just mad crack pipe reps) so i guess there are some freaks that dont need to

I know the trainers of pro football players, and some Olympic medal winners, and all those fuckers juice or drug up ertc. PERIOD.

The amount is directly proportional to the payout

meh, I don’t think roiding is too rampant in football, or not like some of you are saying. of course I have no way of knowing really. I’d bet that some of the better tight ends, defensive ends, and running backs do some sort of doping. But there’s a lot more technical skill involved that can make you great, even if you’re not as imposing physically as some other guys. And there are always those genetic freaks who are just big and strong, and keep getting bigger and stronger as long as they eat a couple pounds of steak a day.

For instance my best friend played college baseball with one of those freaks, who now has attended a few training combine type deals for pro teams. And he’s always the last one left standing both physically, and athletically. But because he has never played any type of organized football, he’s come up nill, because they’d have to teach him every nuance of the sport from the ground up that you start learning in high school or earlier.

He also won like $3000 on that show Pros vs Joes :colbert:

[quote=GoodEyeSniper]meh, I don’t think roiding is too rampant in football, or not like some of you are saying. of course I have no way of knowing really. I’d bet that some of the better tight ends, defensive ends, and running backs do some sort of doping. But there’s a lot more technical skill involved that can make you great, even if you’re not as imposing physically as some other guys. And there are always those genetic freaks who are just big and strong, and keep getting bigger and stronger as long as they eat a couple pounds of steak a day.

For instance my best friend played college baseball with one of those freaks, who now has attended a few training combine type deals for pro teams. And he’s always the last one left standing both physically, and athletically. But because he has never played any type of organized football, he’s come up nill, because they’d have to teach him every nuance of the sport from the ground up that you start learning in high school or earlier.[/quote]

Juicing doesn’t necessarily just increase muscle mass at the expense of all else, that’s a bodybuilder thing. They help recovery time, endurance, effectiveness of training, strength to weight ratio, etc. and every one of those things matters, especially with how punishing football is.

The skill argument is a bit weak. The entire pro football org is arranged around honing player skills to their utmost all the time, and billions of dollars floats on the industry. People will be near their peak in just about every way possible. That’s where the desire for an additional edge comes in, because being a ‘bit’ off is huge.

[quote=akasnowmaaan]Juicing doesn’t necessarily just increase muscle mass at the expense of all else, that’s a bodybuilder thing. They help recovery time, endurance, effectiveness of training, strength to weight ratio, etc. and every one of those things matters, especially with how punishing football is.

The skill argument is a bit weak. The entire pro football org is arranged around honing player skills to their utmost all the time, and billions of dollars floats on the industry. People will be near their peak in just about every way possible. That’s where the desire for an additional edge comes in, because being a ‘bit’ off is huge.[/quote]

Football is the most lucrative sport in this country. We have a feeder system that exposes just about every male child in the country to the potential of becoming a pro football player. Genetically, these guys are culled from millions. They are the strongest, fastest, best recovering fuckers in this country and yet they are always expected to be stronger, faster, and recover more quickly.

There’s an average of 11 minutes of play per game and 12 regular season games per year for total of 132 minutes of potential action. I wager most players only see about an hour of action in a given regular season and yet the potential for injury is still great because the intensity is so high. These motherfuckers hit hard.

Think about it. If you have an hour a year to be on form, your multi-million dollar contract is on the line, and there’s’ nobody really testing you, then I can guaran-fucking-tee you that you’re going to get juiced.

Also, the whole thing about rugby players being badass because they don’t wear pads. I 'spect if you took a pair of pro nfl teams and somehow convinced them to play at full gas without pads, there’d be some dead motherfuckers.

One odd tidbit that I recently learned: The fuckers in the NFL Combine are using DEXA (Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry) scans on players. This is a tool which measures bone density, muscle mass, and fat mass very accurately. If your average 300lb lineman isn’t all the muscle he claims to be, that fucker gets the boot. Yet another reason to get juiced.

football cats are juicin’ in high school just to get scholarships. of course they are at the pro level. have you seen Clay Matthews?

having had my childhood dreams of pro ball crushed by injury in hs i wonder if there is an injury-gene?

anyone who has played teams sports knows what i mean. some guys never get hurt.

I dunno, talk to Bo Jackson about his hip, or Goldberg about the knee that took him out of pro ball. Even the best get taken out.

You have to be kidding.

Apples and oranges. The games may have started the same, but they’ve involved into two totally different animals now. Rugby is equal parts soccer and American football, in that it requires excellent cardio fitness (I’d guess it’s right up there with soccer, cycling and basketball), with less emphasis on brain-damaging crunches (since no one tackles in football anymore). A typical American football player couldn’t match the speed and intensity of the sport for more than ten or fifteen minutes before his heart would nearly jump out of his chest. Similarly, a Rugby player hasn’t spent his life learning how to perform high-speed, bone-jarring hits, and the constant idle time would be to the detriment of an athlete used to spending eighty minutes running up and down the field. There are probably a host of other differences that someone more familiar with Rugby could highlight.

I went to a San Diego Chargers training camp a few years ago. I’m 6’-3" with a ridiculously broad frame and I felt positively tiny around those fucking monsters.