cops v. biker.

what the fuck.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?aid=58967

cops are a joke.

The profession attracts two kinds of people; those who think they are doing good for the community, and those who hunger for power and control.

Police forum, very enlightening:

http://theerant.yuku.com/forums/58

story’s been told, but fuck the cops.

One thing you can love about this place is that there are no or very few cop-apologists around. The worst part about all this is because those fat fucks managed to complete a four-week police boot camp ten or twenty years ago, they won’t be charged with assault or perjury. In fact, I’m sure that nothing will ever happen to them.

Fuck those dudes. If they died tomorrow, the world would be a better place.

^^^ :bear:

[quote=“bonechilling”]One thing you can love about this place is that there are no or very few cop-apologists around. The worst part about all this is because those fat fucks managed to complete a four-week police boot camp ten or twenty years ago, they won’t be charged with assault or perjury. In fact, I’m sure that nothing will ever happen to them.

Fuck those dudes. If they died tomorrow, the world would be a better place.[/quote]
Yeah, due to tort laws police can do whatever they want and cause any amount of damage as long it’s “part of their duty.” I don’t know about perjury, they did lie under oath.

PERJURY - When a person, having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person…willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true…

I’m pretty sure you’re pretty much fair game to the police if you’re found to be in violation of the Ponytail Laws, notwithstanding of course the exemptions found in the Record Producer subsection.

I sure as hell didn’t see any gold records on his wall. Dude had it coming.

He’s lucky he didn’t get shot. Denver police are crazy.

No, the world would be mourning hero’s.

No, the world would be mourning hero’s.[/quote]
We would still be minus two human skid marks.

I’ve met some awesome police officers in my time. A LOT of them in my area are avid riders, runners and triathletes.

when we got run off the road, the houston police department showed up with like FIVE BIG STRONG officers who were ALL athletes.

At first they “sounded” like they were chiding us for riding on the road. They could visibly see that Kulesraad was getting upset (already upset that some jerk almost killed her, and were like “look, were not saying AT ALL not to ride, but just that if someone hits you and puts you in a wheelchair, it’s not going to do any good even if we do catch them and you get them in court. just be careful”

they then talked about how they themselves rode bikes and ran.
They paid the guy a visit. :stuck_out_tongue: at his house
and said if he gave them any trouble they’d take care of him and take him downtown.

but ask ANY good officer and they will admit there’s bad ones out there too who just don’t have good attitudes.

It’s the luck of the draw. :frowning:

“the tape that officers didn’t knew existed”

/\ +1

what woulda happened if they knew it existed?
is the next question to have been asked

the internal affairs guy: ‘to say that anybody did anything wrong at this point would be a rush to judgement at this point…’

if you saw the video you know all you need to know.

[quote=“CheshireKat”]I’ve met some awesome police officers in my time. A LOT of them in my area are avid riders, runners and triathletes.

when we got run off the road, the houston police department showed up with like FIVE BIG STRONG officers who were ALL athletes.

At first they “sounded” like they were chiding us for riding on the road. They could visibly see that Kulesraad was getting upset (already upset that some jerk almost killed her, and were like “look, were not saying AT ALL not to ride, but just that if someone hits you and puts you in a wheelchair, it’s not going to do any good even if we do catch them and you get them in court. just be careful”

they then talked about how they themselves rode bikes and ran.
They paid the guy a visit. :stuck_out_tongue: at his house
and said if he gave them any trouble they’d take care of him and take him downtown.

but ask ANY good officer and they will admit there’s bad ones out there too who just don’t have good attitudes.

It’s the luck of the draw. :([/quote]
It’s these riders you speak of who are sometimes familiar with fixed gear bikes and will issue tickets for not having brakes.

So, we can all agree that brutality is a no-no, but what I really hate is when I get some sort of speech about “the inherent dangers” of cycling. No thanks, officer, I’d rather not hear about the girl you scraped off of the bottom of a semi. I’m aware that my life is in my hands, thank you.

I’ve been pulled over for so much stupid shit, always with condescending overtones from the officer. Sometimes it happens on my commuter, sometimes on my pedicab – and I hate being bugged at work. Out of principle, I’ll never ever conceded a single point to an officer who pulls me over from a car; If the cops say I was going too fast, I say I felt like they were tailgating me. If they say I passed their cruiser too close, I tell him I just wanted to make sure he was awake, for my safety. I reserve my right to take up as much or as little of the lane as I see fit. If he says I’m making things difficult for motorists, I look them straight in the eye and say “good, I’d rather be defensive than dead.”

I realize and appreciate that they’re trying to keep me safe by discouraging me from riding in certain conditions, but they don’t realize that I’m the sort of rider who gets on the bike even when it’s the least appealing transportation option. If I’m riding like a crazy person, it’s probably because there’s something spooky on the road, and I’m looking out for number-one like a drunken master.

The really bothersome thing (to me) is that when a neophyte commuter gets “corrected” by an officer, even if the officer was technically right, the officer tends to leave the cyclist with the impression that they have less of a right to the road.

[edit: yeah, I take my right to the road really seriously]

i’ve taken to waving people off who are either bullying me or look like they’re trying to bully me or expect me to concede to them because i’m in a more vulnerable position. i haven’t decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it puts me in this strange position of power. (“i know what you’re thinking and i can promise you it won’t end well if you do it.”) the only thing i worry about is that they’ll react badly to it and act out of spite.