Covering / Painting a Machined Lip

make sure you get the paint stripper brakepads

CG. If it has a powdercoated surface (or similar) be a little careful in the wet, but yes, friction will take care of it.

Alrightie. Are any brakepads better than others in the rain or is it not worth worrying about? I pretty much only use the brake when I’m tired or in emergency situations so I don’t really anticipate it being a big deal other than my wheel looking ug

Koolstop salmon.

“Lip”? Is this dude seriously referring to a braking surface, like for a brake, because that’s what it’s fucking called.

why paint the lip when you can just machine the rest of the bike?

damn tepr. thats good.

This is a great thread. I love tarck.
Note: chamois don’t work as well inside out.

Does anyone have any tips or methods on how to let everyone know I’m real gangsta? I rather not mask it and paint… is there some sort of alternative to turning myself black?

cool flip flop rims man

[quote=Cap-Cap]don’t listen to these guys.

unfortunately rims are machined for a purpose (ie so that brakes work). therefore it is theoretically impossible for the machined area to be painted over. the only real solution, and my suggestion, would be for you to either sell or throw your bike away, because if it doesn’t match, it doesn’t function.[/quote]

I Iolled,
thanks for cheering me up tarck

Recently on facebook my girlfriend’s 50ish aunt accidentally saw a certain famous inside-out rim. She was freaked out. When I heard, I lol’d!

If your break pads are made of metal then yes your rims will eventually become machined

If not they’ll just become ugly

[quote=zelah]
If your break pads are made of metal then yes your rims will eventually become machined[/quote]

just grab the machined lip with your own lips

now thats metal

This. Sharpie covers all.

you must break the pads!

If your break pads are made of metal then yes your rims will eventually become machined

If not they’ll just become ugly[/quote]

By this I assume you mean “if your brake pads contain a CNC machine” then yes they will become machined.

Why do you need CNC? You should be able to use manual lathes…
http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Pacemaker-Heavy-Duty-Lathe_W0QQitemZ220372454898QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Lathes?hash=item220372454898&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318