Covering / Painting a Machined Lip

Does anyone have any tips or methods on how to cover up a machined lip? I rather not mask it and paint… is there some sort of alternative to turn it black?

Sharpie.

eating dicks

put a bag over its head, and forget that you’re fucking a robot.

PrettyWomanBot 4000 has an imperative order not to kiss, so if you’re going with that one, you shouldn’t have any problems with machine lips anyway.

don’t listen to these guys.

unfortunately rims are machined for a purpose (ie so that brakes work). therefore it is theoretically impossible for the machined area to be painted over. the only real solution, and my suggestion, would be for you to either sell or throw your bike away, because if it doesn’t match, it doesn’t function.

Most rims are double-sided. You got the machined side on the outside, and if you flip it inside out, you got the non-machined version. Give it a shot!

Is this a sign of migration of the less than desirable crowd from BF?

This same thing works with underwear. If you have a dirty pair of underwear, turn them inside out and they instantly become clean underwear.

and thus you can wear a pair four times before they need to be washed

[quote=Cap-Cap]don’t listen to these guys.

unfortunately rims are machined for a purpose (ie so that brakes work). therefore it is theoretically impossible for the machined area to be painted over. the only real solution, and my suggestion, would be for you to either sell or throw your bike away, because if it doesn’t match, it doesn’t function.[/quote]

This.

I’ve also had okay luck with the turning it inside out, but depending on what kind of rim you have, this is MUCH easier said than done. What’s the rim in question?

Why only four? Just flip them every day and they’ll never be dirty again!

or if it’s a pair of merino wool underwear or REI’s travel underwear, that’s 28 times before they need to be washed. And that’s a conservative guess!*

*This does not factor in the multiplicative stank of both the ass and package combined. Under certain lab testing our underwear has been known to asplose.

Why only four? Just flip them every day and they’ll never be dirty again![/quote]

This is amazing logic.

you may have seen some people tape over decals with electrical tape. well you can do this with your rim, but be sure to clear coat it before riding.

I’ve also heard that you can’t see the machined surface if you keep the rims properly shoved up your ass.

i love you guys.

i have found that hplusson rims are the easiest to turn inside out.

also, if you turn some rims inside out, they become 650c

fuck that picture.

PS you could use electrical tape

What about for the opposite issue. I bought cheap Aeros from chainlove and they’re not machined. I haven’t built them up yet and probably won’t for another month or two, but I have an agreement with my parents that I will always ride with at least a front brake. Eventually, the rim will become machined if I use my brake often enough right?

It will never become “machined” but you will eventually strip away the anodization/powdercoating layer.