Dammit: Post your bike

Haha. Riding with kids is chaotic enough without having to think about where my feet are.

4 Likes

If you’re thinking about where your feet are, you aren’t in the zen.

But I guess zen is hard with the kids.

3 Likes

My kids have no chill.

No chill means no zen.

4 Likes

You are wrong the absence of chill is not zen. Zen is realizing that there is no chill, only noise, but you are one with the noise and made of noise.

9 Likes

Agreed. But this zen requires constant vigilance. And a freewheel.

4 Likes

I like your klunker, but it should be in this thread here:

3 Likes

I dig it, but that njs-level tire clearance has to be a pain if there’s a hint of moisture off pavement

Replacement supbike acquired. Spotless for a used bike!

20 Likes

new folks post in the new thread for some gentle hazing and fun

3 Likes

This bike is old enough to vote and still sparks joy.

9 Likes

hy: new bike

i love it. so fast. i really missed this shorter wheelbase twitchy hardtail in my life. happy to have both a fs down country bike and this 100mm steep headtube thing

wth: I hate the red ano everywhere. the front brake must be contaminated, it doesn’t squeak but also doesn’t actually stop good.

wth: I checked all the bolts before riding but I guess I missed one

18 Likes

Dang. I like that.

1 Like

Imagine what that would weigh with a rigid fork?

2 Likes

@BEEutiful_Wednesday_DDS i like that! Is that Tryon Park?

according to the scale of the guy who sold it to me it’s already under 20 pounds. i think the biggest surprise are the wheels. the acceleration is kind of insane. on my favorite trail the gearing is just perfect so it’s a blast. also the whole reason i bought it was to have more fun riding with my son and mission accomplished, we had our best ride ever.

i already took the stupid fork stickers off.

don’t tempt me. i do think i’ll be keeping the SID on though, i managed to use about 90mm of travel today.

no, this is Dryer Rd which is far superior in basically all ways.

1 Like

finished this yesterday. my partner (a much better mechanic than I) helped me build it up and did all the brazing. I went into this with a goal budget of $200, and got close. $5 on the complete bike initially, and then the rest on the other parts (plus my roommate generously shared his parts bin with me)

35 Likes

That rear cable housing ROUTING is really clever :tarckbear:

3 Likes

Was the 3 speed setup a planned goal or an outcome of the process?

I didn’t even notice that! Awesome!

1 Like

that bike is hard

2 Likes