Dammit: Post your bike

I threw some 660 bars on my Fuse when I was trying different setups. It felt soooooo small after riding the 780s I eventually stuck with. Then I think back to the time I put 610s on an old mountain bike like a decade ago and thought “these are stupid why would anyone want bars this wide?”

2 Likes

More than a couple L/R trees that would have been impassable with the wider bars. I have to stop and weave through them. Maybe I could have went to 680-700, but YOLO it’s fine.

relevant to bar width chat: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/handlebar-width-vs-handling-are-your-bars-too-wide.html

This is my experience as well.

1 Like

You gotta lean over on some spots with wide bars.

I am rearranging the garage today, for better bikes in/out, workbench orientation, and 'sups painting area.

Previous Scuderia Jimmythefly:

Today, many iterations later:

4 Likes

That’s… better?

1 Like

720s as wide as I can go with trees around here.

1 Like

yeah, and do a quick turn bars and then turn them back to squeeze between parallel trees.

1 Like

your eyes are always wider than your handlebars

until you get into 780mm bar territory, the only exception are 30-60° swept bars like Jones where every so often you grind your knuckles without thinking about it

even if a weave is needed to confidently pass through a section, you should be able to do it by waggling without stopping in all but the most absurd 3+ tree scenarios

2 Likes

I finally got a Homercar. Low trail, 20.5 lbs with a 1 lb rear hub. SOST OKED

22 Likes

Damn :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So wild. Did you paint it?

1 Like

Sweet bike but…no fenders ever?

1 Like

I see fender eyelets front and rear, so no…?

The bike is Cerakote, so it’s at least durable.
No fenders.

I see a light mount on the rear NDS but nothing on he DS. Why fender eyes on the fork but not the rear? I’m so confused!

Also, that rack has got me like,

Triangles man, How do they work???

2 Likes

whoa you cerakote’d a bike? in TAF colors?!

1 Like

So so good Scott.

Can we find out for tarcklebees what is the most beloved bike in this thread?

1 Like