Dammit: Post your bike

Let’s see those PlayStation buttons again

4 Likes

You shouldn’t talk to people like that.

13 Likes

First capture of my new bits in the light.

10 Likes

Hot!

The day/ruiner in 700c mode may give me enough roadie vibes to ditch the roadbiek.

23 Likes

Nice! How crazy does the fork look with a teensy tire?

2 Likes

The front end looks weirdo. Chunky fork, 60mm fenders, chunky dyno hub, big ol’ bag. Well proportioned it’s not.

1 Like

Probably should have kept my H/G

1 Like

Is there a thread on here where people post the ways they’ve installed fenders around disc calipers? Probably gets pretty wild.

2 Likes

Not fenders but when I got my Straggler a few years back, the guy I bought from had it set up with a rear rack stretched out over a 1" spacer to avoid interfering with the brake. Bolt was at least 1.5" long. I left it like that for too long. Miraculously, someone sat on that rack for a ride once and the bolt did not snap from the shear force.

2 Likes

sheer force/shear force

5 Likes

edit: the sheer shear force

2 Likes

there’s a fender chat thread but all threads devolve into fender chat. or pants chat. and those are basically fenders for your legs

13 Likes

Pretty sure it’s either 1) long and wrong uggo spacer, or 2) a proper series of bends in the stay to clear the caliper and then come back into harmonious alignment with the drive side stay.

6 Likes

The two ways I’ve done it. Cannot for the life of me remember who makes this spacer thing I have on the cargo bike, can’t read the name in this photo but I can check tomorrow, but it works really well.
Bending the stays “perfectly” was inspired by a VO blog post and took some work but wasn’t that hard, you obviously need long enough stays to make it work.

edit: https://www.ebay.com/i/173461435073?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=173461435073&targetid=935694488106&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9001992&poi=&campaignid=10828927432&mkgroupid=110336956527&rlsatarget=pla-935694488106&abcId=9300396&merchantid=119076041&gclid=CjwKCAiAwrf-BRA9EiwAUWwKXqTielVZNmj82J7tXHAyEmzW92e9nZL8OJfRqG_OstVVQRMO4iAoJRoCuuUQAvD_BwE found em

8 Likes

Iirc jimmy did some nice bending that he should post

Swoop the dang dang.

1 Like

I’ve always been able to just bend them too. No spacers, no drama, just works. I prefer to bend up/down rather than in/out so the stays stay ~in the same plane as the bike.

2 Likes

Saw this the other day, never used them.

Or 3) you get lucky (slash the designer put some thought into this) and only need something like a 5mm spacer for the stay to clear the caliper. That’s all my ditherer/walletruiner above needed, even with the paired PB stays.

2 Likes