Dammit: Post your bike

Bike is looking slick. Shartq, why brake booster on the rear but not the front?

Sick skidz

Nice

Because seat stays are more flex than fork?

Just threw it on for fun. Does help.

I’d like to hear a tall person take on flared bars with a lot of drop. There’s a wrist / shoulder angle combo I want to hit in the drops for longer rides, but I’m not sure how it would work from a position that starts with a relatively flat back

I’m 6’2", but my shoulders are roughly 44 cm. All the flared bars at the time were advertised as 44 cm, but that was at the drops. The hoods were closer to 40 cm, which caused me a lot of wrist pain. I usually prefer a 79 cm handlebar on the MTB, for reference.

I’m just running regular 44 cm compacts, now. Maybe a 48 cm flared bar would work, but I don’t find that I miss anything from the flares.

1 Like

this helps, thanks!

The thing I want to nail is riding in the drops for many hours in a day, but with a very natural hand position. I strained my wrist a couple years ago by dumping weight off my shoulder onto an already oddly positioned wrist angle, and I think this might be a solution.

Defintiely need to check the hoods vs. drops width. I’m only looking for 16-25 deg flare, not some 45deg monster offroad bar.

On the other hand, all the road pros are now using 10cm mircobars for aaaeeeerrooooo gains, so who the hell even knows what fits anymore.

1 Like

We’re very much enjoying the trailer. It’s a super nice product. Though it needs fenders and I wish that the main flap attached with strong magnets instead of dumb clips.

12 Likes

Guess who didn’t realize he needed a spacer behind his cassette? Gingerly applied power on the return leg of the route.

13 Likes

some dude rolled into the shop one day with one of the cogs on his freewheel replaced with four pennies. chain shifted over it just fine. my boss, on the spot, said “hey man, you want a job???” he did not need a job :frowning:

8 Likes

Like, mid-cassette? Cog, cog, stack of pennies, cog?

1 Like

yeah. right between the spacers. dude figured it out. i was thoroughly impressed cuz my ass never would have come up with it

2 Likes

Who in the hell carries pennies on a bike ride?

shartmo

2 Likes

That too.

Too many grandpas in here

unclear how long it had been like that. i think for a while. more of a “this is my bike” repair than a “get me home” repair. it really shifted great

1 Like

Shift into the pennies to land fakie?

7 Likes

do you prefer the trailer or the Bullitt for human portaging?

I definitely prefer the Bullitt but the nice Bullitt canopy/seat thing is oos everywhere on earth and it’s winter in Chicago so he gets too cold in just the car seat.
We got the Burly so Ash could take him out without me but with the Bullitt canopy unavailable, it’s become our go to kid hauler.

1 Like

Most successful people carry (and most importantly, spend) pennies.

1 Like