Dammit: Post your bike

i have one but i need to modify it to fit the huge downtube

1 Like

Rode the fast track bike the other day, rode the slowest, loudest bike today

39 Likes

i just love it so much. what post is going on? a dropper right?

1 Like

Guyshoeing in kiddo transport mode. Weight distribution is pretty wild with the seat on there but this is the best option right now unless I build up a dedicated kiddo transport machine.

21 Likes

This single bike setup neatly captures the last fifteen years of this forum. Brilliant palimpsest

3 Likes

I’ve never understood how putting your kid there became the best option. I don’t blame you for doing it, cuz it is somehow the most available option, but if we could take steps as a society to erase these seats that would be awesome.

4 Likes

Yeah after a short shakedown ride yesterday I definitely get it. Right now this is the only thing I have built and there’s not enough room on the front end for a seat (which would be much preferred).

Given how shitty it felt I’m tempted to throw together a HT that can double as kiddo carrier and light trail duty once we move, though with how much E hated the loading/unloading process we might just jump straight to a supervised balance bike scenario

2 Likes

That’s the literal worst spot for a kid. At least the xtracycles have a much lower deck height and a long wheelbase.

Honestly a riv with a front seat would be great.

1 Like

shoeing the guy. fresh rear rim, garbaruk enabled dangling, and cranks stolen from pardner’s rig since we’re seeking some 165s for it and the testing period wrapped up on the engin arms (i guess you can’t see them really they’re some carbon descendants).

9 Likes

27.5 rear or do I need to finish my coffee?

just perspective on the photo. though i do have a rear hub just waiting to be laced to a 27.5 rim, seeming as how my other busted ass 29 rim is out of stock indefinitely.

you see, the 9.8 slack-r adds like 10mm to the stack and i’d like to go from 150 to 160-170mm up front which would leave the bb awfully high, but if i were to mullet then run it in high mode the bb height would be about right and would buy me the clearance to remove the spacer in the shock to use all 55mm of the available stroke to get a boost in rear travel that’d play nicely with the smaller rear wheel. of course, all this would shorten the reach somewhat but i figure if i go with a 50mm stem it’d keep things ballpark for weight balance without compromising the new, playful nature of the mullet setup too much. i think it’d be pretty awesome for party laps at the park, and it’d be a relatively easy swap for weekend when i want to go racing and want the rolling speed, but then again maybe some courses would even favor the more nibl…

4 Likes

The dither is strong in this one.

3 Likes

i am what tarck made me

10 Likes

I have a dropper for it but if I’m going to put in on a bike it’s gonna be the commuter bike. It’s been nice to have a test bike to take apart and figure out the wiring though.
I have a purple Paul I might put on instead.

wait that’s not a commuter bike?

Dusty after grindurito yesterday. Shasta was a very cool place to ride, looking forward to next year, and hopefully being strong enough to ride the long one and bring my mountain bike to ride. The trails that are getting built up there are really pretty great.

15 Likes

after everything shook out after the crash, i ended up with the old bike and a new bike.

but i’m not ready to trust the old one for commuter work until i’ve had a chance to test it out a bit more. but it needed a new fork anyways and I loved my other e-clyde, so it made sense.

between that and the pizza, it all worked out pretty ok.

26 Likes

oh. well shit. i can’t think of a better commuter than an e clyde but folx want options and it would appear that you have them! glad something less than terrible came out of that ordeal.

if it all checks out i’m probably going to switch it up, but i usually dont need to carry much of anything to work on a regular day.

1 Like

Took the wayback machine out again today and it’s still awesome.
Not sure if guyshoe or not–at least the air in the tires is new.

19 Likes