Dammit: Post your bike

It’s got German ghost letters on it, so it’s had quite a journey.

2 Likes

fire truck

2 Likes

I saw this parked by us on Western.

1 Like

those LT31s are surprisingly hard to get in the usa

This is ravenswood just north of Addison.
Good to know that it actually gets driven around.

I didn’t know VW even made a front-engined “Doka”

Dammit I see you post in this thread

2 Likes

Bought this lyon-forked stag sight unseen and got ripped off but I fixed it up and it rides really nice so whatever.

22 Likes

My mom’s travel wheelchair got damaged on her trip to Seattle, and was making Jetsons Car noises. It’s an old manual chair with a now 20-year old german-made electric conversion kit, that was designed with planetary-geared hubmotors that exactly presaged modern conversion ebikes.

The root cause was that 4 of the 12 permanent magnets in the right motor had come unglued, and were rubbing their lacquer coatings off inside the assembly

The best part is that I was already planning on taking her to Cyclefab later in her trip for wheelchair modification ideation, and was also picking up one of my unbuilt project bikes that’s in the last picture

32 Likes

Mercian sighting!!!

Also, bravo catching it before the windings got munched. That would have been a headache.

1 Like

THE Haulin’ Colin

4 Likes

i thought the mercian was brand new, what is going on Fred
TELL US

1 Like

I specified on the sheet “also put a water bottle on the seattube” but they somehow did that instead of the downtube, so Colin added those missing brazeons for me

the factory lower headset cup also got dented in shipping, and my hoarded Stronglight 1" threadless headset needed its split ring remachined to work properly

3 Likes

my mom: “well does his mom address him as Haulin’ ???”

10 Likes

YKPAIHA
but remove the king cage and add these copies of German engineering

6 Likes

Felt cute, might delete later

26 Likes

This was our bagbrai setup. I had no idea FLW designed a hotel and bank in Mason City, Iowa. :heart_eyes:

25 Likes

19 Likes

He did jewel box banks all over the Midwest!

1 Like

That was Louis Sullivan

I took the tour of that hotel right after they renovated it, never got to stay unfortunately!

2 Likes