Dammit: Post your bike

Oh, yeah thanks!

Guyshoe with the swiftie loaf. Here it contains my tool kit, rain cape, portfolio thing from work, my dugout, six bananas, two packages of burrito size tortillas, two bags of coffee, a pack of slicked cheese, two bags of popcorn kernels and a jar of pickles. It’s pretty good. I’m gonna run it for a while and see how I like it day to day.

20 Likes

I really like this bike but it’s a little too big. I should sell it but first I want to try it with some VO klunker bars I have and a saddle that doesn’t suck.

28 Likes

Post snow mushroom hunt went as expected

30 Likes

Woah Mig posted a picture of his bike!
your FD is about 2cm too high unless there is something I am missing about nerd cranks
that rear dyno routing is hella sus
put the cable splitters as close to the BB as possible to avoid rattles
and your bag looks like its about to fall off

3 Likes

I swapped a DA 9000 50/34 after mystery creak with the boat anchor middleburn 46/30. I have to pull the fd cable by hand to get to to move over. Realistically it’s about 75mm too high. Chain needs a link or two out as well.

If I move the cable splitters any further down they end up in the bottle cage or over the couplers.

Tell me again how to route rear dynamo wires on a travel bike

If you ever want to divest yourself of that crankset, I’m your guy.

2 Likes

question
what ya’ll carrying in all these bags?

1 Like

Hopes and dreams

7 Likes

Knife, fabric bag, sandwich, bars, tools, tubes, small lock, stuff you need just in case

bag repair supplies. It’s a vicious circle!

9 Likes

Everything that’s normally in my pockets, plus snacks and flat kit.

1 Like

On my Winter S&S bike, Eric routed the rear wire through the DT and out the drain hole in the BB with a connection at the S&S coupler using RC aircraft banana plugs.

I also had a conflict between 3rd bottle cage and cable splitters. My splitters are below the S&S coupler. I spaced the cage out with a couple presta nuts between the bottle cage and the frame so the cable splitters are near the bottom of the cage but sneak in between the cage and frame and don’t hang up or rattle on the bottle cage.

Knife, fabric bag, sandwich, knife, bars, tools, tubes, knife, small lock, knife, knife, stuff you need just in case, like a knife.

1 Like

you should bring a knife maybe, just a thought

3 Likes

What do you guys like for knives?

sharp

7 Likes

Assembly of the bottle cage with the presta nuts feels like a kludge when you could just do it without and have the cables as I have them now. But ok

Yeah those exist but how do you get from the BB to a rear lamp.

On my bike, there’s another set of banana plugs near the BB, then the wire goes through the rolled edge of the fender.

I don’t have a great solution for your seat stay mounted light. You should shift it down to near the dropout and run the wire along the chain stay. At least then it’s not dangling diagonally across the rear triangle.