Dammit: Post your bike

Steel is real?

31 Likes

That’s a nice looking bike.

That looks perfect.

1 Like

Chefs kiss

I guess it’s rude to not include a full shot.

8 Likes

unless declared integer.

integers are also reals

2 Likes

|-fucks| = fucks

2 Likes

@jimmythefly

Excuse how dirty they are and how frayed the cable is and how I had to take the noodle hanger from another brake and install it on here by poorly peening the pin

6 Likes

Lovely

I think I’ve posted this before but I’m posting it again bc I rode it for the first time in months and I still love it.

23 Likes

Bro is that njs?

3 Likes

I feel like we may have touched on this… but any idea who this originally belonged to? As big as it is, I would wager it was made for a euro who was a guest racer in NJS-land.

Rad. I saw a teaser pic a while back, cannot remember if I saw a proper drive side pic. That top tube looks looooonnngggg. Sup’ with the Raleigh you had?

edit: In other news Ross Shafer finally got back to me about my 1996 s&s Salsa Viajero. They made 39 frames total.

4 Likes

That thing is super rad.
I couldn’t touch those drops with a ten foot pole.

Oh, they won’t work that way; you need to actually fondle the bars to make them work.

Instead of paying money to add braze-ons and put a mechanical groupset on my custom Gunnar Roadie, I had a Eno hub laced up and now it’s my fixed gear Roadie.

12 Likes

I’m unclear on why you HATE wireless shifting so much.

2 Likes

@EndpointBraden not sure! I’ve been lazy about research, and I’m honestly not 100% sure it’s technically stamped, though I also don’t know why it wouldn’t be. Euro guest racer would also be my guess.

@Elliott yea its 60cm square I think, and the dorps definitely make it look longer. The Raleigh I was gonna sell after I bought this but in cleaning it up I found that the likely source of the creak that it’d had for a while was a crack that goes all the way around the seat tube. Hindsight being 20/20 it probably was made for a 27.4 post or larger and whoever had it before me just clamped the fuck out of it and I was too stupid to notice years ago when I built it up.

The drops are the VO ones and they kick ass, long flat ramps are amazing when you don’t have hoods to hold onto. I don’t understand people who run compacts on brakeless track bikes and ride on the ramps, it’s so uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Realized I ordered all the wrong parts for my wife’s bike, stupidly assuming it had a sid when it actually was an rl fork. Decided this was the crux to get me to swap some parts around, so her bike gets a big upgrade while my Lynskey is in pieces.

12 Likes