Dammit: Post your bike

Still my favorite signage I’ve ever run into

9 Likes

This one is pretty great as well.

14 Likes

As someone who has solar panels, a battery, and drive a hybrid, the idea of batteries on bike components I still feel retro-grouchy about.

1 Like

I didn’t get a picture, but yesterday I saw only the top half of a “be prepared to stop” diamond sign. Just be prepared.

4 Likes

There’s a house a couple of miles from me with a “drive like your kids live here” sign in the bushes. However, the bushes have grown since they put the sign in, and now the “live here” part of the sign can’t be seen from the road.

13 Likes

I was pulled over for driving a car at 13. I was actually doing fine (took over from friend who was twitchy). I just shouldn’t have been driving back into the school lot from flag football practice.

3 Likes

what if it actually says

DRIVE LIKE
YOUR KIDS
ON SPEED

5 Likes

Ash keeps getting $30 speeding tickets from school zone speed cameras.
I have zero sympathy.

10 Likes

A $30 speeding ticket?! They have to be losing money on the admin costs alone. Cheapest speeding fine here is $115 (1-10 mph over), goes up to $225 if in a school or construction zone.

9 Likes

My wife has gotten a couple of school zone tickets, albeit from actual officers.

The best was the one she got in front of the school she works at.

She’s a teacher.

8 Likes

I am absolutely grateful that the streets around my kids’ school are very narrow and choked with freeloaders storing their cars. No one can speed because there are inches to spare.

Did all her students see her getting written up by a cop? That would be fun for them.

4 Likes

if our society functioned to even a moderate degree there would be 100x the speed cameras they are now, and fines would be tied to income

17 Likes

Beautiful weather today.

9 Likes

I might’ve gotten a red light ticket today in a govt vehicle. I had a bunch of shit in the back of the truck and the light was way shorter than I think it should have been for the road. Totally thought I’d make it on yellow. Oops.

3 Likes

At my school the exit to the rear parking lot is situated so that, if I make a left turn, I can’t see if the school zone lights are flashing before driving like 1/4 mile through the school zone. And since we have weird schedules some days and the school zone lights are on for like 45 min after school let’s out, there have definitely been times that I’ve driven the 35 speed limit when it was supposed to be 20.

Sounds like you (and everyone else) should just drive slower all the time.
Maybe a technology exists that could limit the speed of vehicles in certain areas.
Like in front of a school, the car only goes 25 mph tops but on the highway it goes 75 tops.
Since people seem almost universally incapable of respecting speed limits, I propose that we stop enforcing violations and start preventing them in the first place.

15 Likes

6 Likes

Speeding in a school zone here is a $500 ticket, I’m amazed someone got a $30 ticket for the same thing.

1 Like

Getting school zone speeding infractions is a popular pasttime for local politicians here.

2 Likes