Dammit: Post your bike

Coffee Grinder has been slowly progressing back into full grav grav mode as Night Moved has taken over road duties. Finally built some new 650b wheels with some random DT hookless carbon jawns and more importantly, realized Continental actually makes a tire I want to use. Took off the 50t ring and put the 46 on in preparation for some dumb mixed surface shenanigans.

31 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with those same tires on my Endpoint! So far I like the tread pattern. The center is sorta fish scale pattern* and seems to roll well on pavement while providing more noticeable traction climbing on dirt than file tread. The 50mm width is probably bigger than I need for most things, but there’s a lot of dirt roads that turn to sandy ATV trails around here, so the flotation may come in handy. The optimal pressure range seems fairly narrow.

*Makes me wonder if the next generation, following the evolution of XC skis, will have a stripe of mohair down the center.

2 Likes

Ive become a big fan of Conti’s Terra-whatever line.

3 Likes

Same. These feel really good and if you believe the independent treating, are legit.

1 Like

25 Likes

How long is the stem

on that last picture it looks like it’s maybe seven hands long

12 Likes

90mm I need to invest in a bike fit

I honestly think the bars may have shifted a bit, and my flexibility has increased some

Are you back in Louisville? Lets ride sometime

Lex, but looking to do a day in Louisville here soon. I’ll hit you up.

1 Like

Sounds good!

1 Like

Here we gooooooo

The best part is I initially ordered a 52, then changed it to a 58 but they gave me a 55

18 Likes

Holy shit that’s awesome.

you need comically huge handlebars on a comically tiny bike pubes

1 Like

Reminds me of my favorite bike I assembled

7 Likes

It has the 800mm tumbleweed bars on it

New 650b wheels and sauceful 38’s made this frame way more fun. My only silver 27.2 chairpost slips for some reasons, so we are riding the wrong Thompson for now.

Oh and I dimpled the chainstays so I can technically probably clear 42’s on a 1981 531 lugged frame

23 Likes

So I have a question: got the fork for my son’s bike in from Soma. The crown race won’t slide down any further than this. Is this normal? There’s a lip that it won’t fit over

1 Like

Might could be the wrong size crown race for the fork. I did that to myself a few times messing around with old road bikes.
Throw a caliper on both and see what you see.

3 Likes

I have definitely filed a few crown races down on Tange forks before.

3 Likes