Dammit: Post your bike

Ultegra is replaced with FC-08 which is R8100 arms and 11s rings. DA gets FC-09 witch is R9200 with 11s rings. The “special” rings are cosmetically the same as the 12s versions. The arms themselves do get the special part numbers on them.

1 Like

Ah thank you, I wasn’t sure what the process was and saw one random post saying all replacements used R8100 with 11sp rings

Purple mountain.

9 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176076062878?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=z5A80g5kQA-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=mXD8E1fSREu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It’s up on eBay now

This thing rips

21 Likes

Is THAT crank cracked yet?

Heh not as far as I can tell, feels/looks solid

What’s the difference in the Allroad AL and the ALt?

As far as I can tell just the bar and build kit, geometry is identical.

yup, they’re identical, just a hype-y build kit

see I learned none of that from the website, they need better descriptions lol

Looks like AL is 700 and ALt is 650b. So maybe that is just part of the hype and differentiation to keep people sorted (though it doesn’t seem to be work for y’all).

sw8 emo bike

1 Like

This thing is Very Orange and I love that. It’s the color of cargo bike I’ve always wanted.

There’s enough post to get a 31” saddle height and there’s about 3.5” rise to the tops of the grips measured from the back (flat) part of the saddle. Not sure how much more post is available. Stock stem is 50mm. Steerer is 9/8” and bars are 31.8. Bar sweep is somewhere around 20 degrees. The crank arms are 170mm. Hubs and dangler are Shimano M6000. Brakes are M6100.

Too early to get much of an impression yet. It feels easier to pedal with the assist off (system turned on) than I remember compared to the Boost I test rode six years ago. Bars and grips seem fine enough but the saddle has got to go. It’s too wide.

11 Likes

Don’t talk to me about chain tension.
@EndpointBraden thanks again for the tip. Real components for kids! Who knew?!

10 Likes

Hell yeah. Cleary X SDG crew.

Supportive Upstanding Partner had a class at REI tonight, and I decided to go with her to check out those 20" wheel ebikes. Solid little things and a little tempting given how cheap they are, but they also had a Boost and an HSD, both of which were unsurprisingly much nicer. The Boost isn’t as big as you’d expect when looking at it either, seemed about the same size as the HSD next to it. HSD fork feels awful but everything else is nice. The Boost feels really good though, not much different from a normal bike.

Definitely gonna scoop a used one after the holidays.

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering about the little squish forks I see in some e cargos. I had my suspicions that they were junk.

Yeah, it really isn’t. There’s lots of other neat cargo bikes out there but this seemed like one of the biggest of those I looked at a while ago that would still fit into the elevators at work (measured, not yet tested), other than the ones with 20" wheels.

Being able to bring whatever I ride into the building makes it more likely to be used regularly because it’s just easier and there’s no worries about it getting stolen. Once it gets above 90 degrees or so the ebike ends up being the only thing I ride to work for like 3-5 months. Making riding as frictionless as possible makes it more likely to happen.

3 Likes

Does it seem big enough to fit 2 kids on?
The website has images purporting the possibility but it doesn’t look ideal.