Dammit: Post your bike

Ty, I had it built up with drops and whatnot before but I think it really suits my use case much better this way. Will probably go for some spinner chainrings at some point too

I have an XL new gatherer still sitting in the box (for more than a year now!) that was supposed to replace a L old gatherer for dropbar shenanigans but seeing yours is making me rethink that. If it gets built up with sweepy back bars it would have an actual chance of being ridden.

2 Likes

Haven’t posted in what feels like forever but I miss you folks

Here’s what I’m riding now (resurrected Tarckyon) (damn I wish it had dick brakes)

I also made some stickers to spread the Good Word

31 Likes

I’m also noticing the CETMA is torqued. I was feeling cocky doing a shred portal last week and clipped my pedal on single track after dark and ate shit pretty hard. Must have bonked the basket really hard.

Was wondering if that frame was still out there kicking

It’s kicking and I fuckin love it. Rides so well even with the dumb CETMA I drunk-ordered

2 Likes

how 2 cop some of those stickers tho

PM me yr addy

1 Like

can i also?

Here’s my sweet hybrid basket bike.

18 Likes

It really is the greatest form of the greatest machine ever invented.

4 Likes

I really enjoy this bike but I wish it had a bit more front center and could fit fatter tires and didn’t have a cracked seat tube.

They can’t all be perfect.

3 Likes

Time for another attempt at fastbieks. First carbon, first 11sp, first Di2. The future is pretty cool (the 2015 future at least).

Position isn’t right yet, going to chase down a longer stem, and i can’t believe I’m saying this, but maybe some more drop.

23 Likes

But is the crank cracked yet?

4 Likes

not yet!
Apparently it’s been inspected by a shop before I bought it, but I don’t trust it.
Are there any particular early signs I should look for?

Added some MKS bear trap pedals, lynskey Ti seat post, and a simworks burrito rear rack.

24 Likes

Corrosion along the seams. But we’ve sent a bunch in for “inspection” with varying levels from “maybe that’s a void” to “is that swest?”and new cranks were sent back every time so far. So who the hell knows?

I might take it in to a local shop and see if I can get replacements. These are cosmetically pretty rough, so a new set would be a nice bonus.

The replacements are R8100 though?

That’s Ultegra 12,

FC-R9100 is DA-11speed

https://productinfo.shimano.com/#/lc/ultegra_r8000/2x11
FC-R8000 is Ultegra 11sp or you can get the GOAT of all shimano groups: https://www.bikebug.com/shimano-105-fc-r7000-front-crankset-p-93473.html