DC Premier of Macaframa on Sunday

the guys in the poster have terrible formation.

the type isn’t that bad in the poster, but wtf is up with the “logo” on the website (and all the type in general, really)? for a project that looks so tastefully done (cinematographically, at least) you’d think they’d have a designer on board that knows enough about typography to know that that shit is UGLY.

the type isn’t that bad in the poster, but wtf is up with the “logo” on the website (and all the type in general, really)? for a project that looks so tastefully done (cinematographically, at least) you’d think they’d have a designer on board that knows enough about typography to know that that shit is UGLY.[/quote]

No kidding! Thats what I said to myself the first time I saw their website.

the type isn’t that bad in the poster, but wtf is up with the “logo” on the website (and all the type in general, really)? for a project that looks so tastefully done (cinematographically, at least) you’d think they’d have a designer on board that knows enough about typography to know that that shit is UGLY.[/quote]

No kidding! Thats what I said to myself the first time I saw their website.[/quote]

They’re obviously just being ironic. Get with the program. Geeez.

Saw this at the ATL premiere.
The premiere was fun but I was really disappointed in the film.
I mean its really not even close to worth watching again IMO.
Better than MASH in that these guys actually seemed to know something about using a camera and editing but it was just flat.
Nothing ever happened.
Nothing new to see here.

it better be at least a little better than mash, because shit, after all the build-up and hype over mash, finally seeing it last month was a major let-down. some of the little clips make it seem like this might actually be worth watching through once, though.

I think it’s fucking retarded the amount of internet shit hype every single fucking city premier of this shit gets! Maybe I read too many website’s but jesus christ, it’s a fucking skate video with bikes, not a fucking locomotive traveling across America carrying Lincoln’s body, a wooly mammoth grown from DNA, live sex shows featuring Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Biel, and proof of aliens. Fuck’s sake.

I just hope I can get it for free off the internet like MASH.

[quote=“zombie”]Seen it. Over it.

What’s funny is that I am seeing so many different groups of kids out filming each other ride bikes in the city now. I was climbing Bernal Heights late last night to burn off a little energy before bed. About half-way up the hill I see a big group hanging with lights and generators, so I stop, thinking it’s some kind of party. Turns out they were filming some guy jumping off a pretty good sized kicker ramp on his steel Merckx track bike. Dead sailors all the way. Pretty damn funny. They had two 2ks and a 1k light just for that. :colbert:[/quote]

I see that shit too. After a race a while ago, a group of kids got out their video cameras and filmed each other doing wheelies and shit right in the middle of everyone. Half the people in the race were all “Oh wow cool, look at so and so!” The other half had these “Are you kidding me?” looks and walked off. Then there are the kids I see downtown on a nearly weekly basis filming themselves “bombing” through traffic, as if they were in a Lucas Brunell video.

I blame these egomaniacs.

that video linked me to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CsAtDuUFmk

I laughed.

Ugh. There were maybe 5 bikes out of the 101 that looked like the builder knew what s/he was doing.

I spied Cycling WMD’s Mercian. And a whole mess of other horrible bikes.