DEALS DEALS DEALS

Wow for sure…what’s this chart from?

The Honey app/plugin.

Thanks.

Found this, according to keepa.com it hit $585 wtf

dry firing this produced a pretty loud sonic boom

1 Like

Ain’t dry firing those things bad for them? Ain’t played too.kuch with air guns since I was a kid, but that’s what I always heard.

It’s not great for any gun but usually not bad. It is especially bad for any rim fire gun though. For practice you can use an empty cartridge or a snap cap.

Probably that’s what I’m confusing it with. We had snap caps for the shotguns growing up so we could store them with the firing pin down. I got a good talking to once when I fired the pin without a shell in one of my dad’s nicer guns.

it really depends on the gun. I mean there’s no other way to take down a glock pistol

While dithering I came across a lot of reviews noting the difference in sound between alloy and lead pellets - with alloy pellets being significantly louder in some cases because they are lighter and cross the threshold, heavier lead pellets fly slower and don’t crack it. So not too surprising. Should be much quieter with a round. Also a bunch of reviews claim the gun quiets down after 50-100 rounds due to dieseling(?) which I gather to be the process of shedding excess grease from the spring/piston.

Woke up this morning to more squirrels than birds. Just ordered the same one. Gun twins! We should go shoot 'em in the woods when mine gets here!

Oh, what did the box look like that it arrived in?

Edit: Sharing this ridiculous list of accolades from a review:

Furthermore, Hatsan 95 can hit a target at 45meters, hit 500ml bottle at 95 meters, kill coon at 45 yards, hit water bottle at 100 yards with RWS Superfield 10.3 gr, kill squirrel at 50 feet, blow right through 3/4″ plywood with Crosman 14.3 gr, go through 270 page text book, hit blue jay at 20 meters, go through 1/2″ plywood at 30 yards, shoot through 3/4″ plywood at 25 yards, pierce through 0.5” solid board at 50 feet, penetrate 3/4″ pine board at 10 meters with JSB Match Diabolo Exact King 25.4 gr, and knock the squirrel from the tree at 65 yards.

1 Like

the cardboard shipping box was about 8x8x48"

the rifle is pleasingly heavy

1 Like

Let’s plink stuff!

2 Likes

Got my 4th big rat in a week today. Still going for the crunchy peanut butter. It’s expensive stuff though. Might go a bit more low brow next time. Would share pix but I don’t want to offend anyone.

use the spoiler thing? does it work for pictures?

Cripes. Another this morning. A fatty too. Hmmm. I didn’t know about the spoiler thing?

What trap are you using?

trying the spoiler thing… just a generic trap, housed in a wooden tunnel, to keep away the cats and birds etc. 5 rats in 7 days.

dead rodent images

contains graphic images of dead rodents

Additional image of the traps, containing no deceased rodents.Picture of traps at an open day.

5 Likes

Liked but did not open spoiler

2 Likes

Is the logo a dead rat with an electric windmill on top?

yeah, the first of NZ’s wind turbines were built in Brooklyn, so its kind of an icon of the landscape I guess. Its less than 1 km from my house (as the crow flies) and there is a radar dome past that, if I want a quick 495 metres of elevation ride. The windmill backs on to a “wild life park” that has brought back bird life that was previously extinct on the mainland. Now the once endangered species are just part of the sound track on our local trails. Its pretty damn cool.
rat

I put out four traps bated with chunky PB yesterday. One snapped on a big fat fucker, but he wasn’t in the trap, just laying there dazed and I had to finish him off with a shovel :cry:. Poor little monster. One trap snapped on nothing and the other two caught little guys over night.
Gonna reset and see how many I can get tonight.