Did you just ShartQ?

My ex literally ran off with my Topeak and I immediately primed a new one once I figured out what she had done

the 17-4 stainless head is the one to get, if you go the Silca route. If you’ve got a lezyne with the air bleed button, it’ll work in concert with the Silca head to make pulling the whole deal off your valve easier.

I’m a big fan of the Silca head.
I have two non-silca floor pumps and a compressor with those heads.

They don’t even make a brass head anymore? I always thought that was a signature part of the look.

During relationshiplyfe, we had a Joe Blow Sport as a “house” pump, then another Sport and an older Silca for my use. We could have shared one pump, but all of my bikes lived in the basement and everyone else’s lived in the garage. Also, didn’t want to deal with kids getting slime all over the head.

Dq: what is the fabric saddle closest to an arione?

Scoop __ flat

Technically they blow. Well, they’re connected to stuff that does anyway.

Sort of dither, sort of ramble, sort of DQ:

I was thinking weird thoughts about planing. If you had a Surly LHT, could you “fake” planing by putting a weight on a spring attached to the head tube?

quick make that and sell it to rivendell for $120 in limited supplies once every 6 months. Comes with free beeswax to prevent rust on the weight.

No need to fake it, just use it as intended

Carry 60 pounds in rear panniers or a seatpost-attached trailer

or eat lots of donuts and gain 60lbs

I just meant that as a turdly example, but yeah. I guess the rear panniers will arrive feeling fresh in that scenario.

Is it bad that I can pull the crown race off by hand? I doesn’t seem to be wobbly when it’s on, but there isn’t a lot of friction holding it there.

This is on the same bike that I’ve been having headset issues on. I pulled the fork to take it to the shop to put in the oversized starnut that Josh got me.

It should be snug but it doesn’t need to be stuck on there with the force of gods.

Might depend on the crown race but my Token headsets have a split ring race that is put on and removed easily by hand which makes me think that a loose crown race isn’t something to worry about. Could be wrong though.

Yeah it’s definitely not a big deal

Cool. Got explained at by the dude at Wright Brothers cycles all about headsets. Despite the fact that there’s a diy shop space in the back (thanks Seth for the membership), the dude wouldn’t let me smang my own starnut. He popped it in while telling me that I shouldn’t be able to pull it out and that a loosening headset should have to do with the stem than the starnut.

Did the new starnut go in just fine, though? Also I can always bang a starnut in for you. You know where to find me.

Yep, only time I’ve ever had headset issues like that on one of my bikes was from a cracked crown race.