Did you just ShartQ?

Ah yeah that’s comforting.

What battery operated lights do you all like? For seeing at night not just being seen. Plz no magneto.

It’s always hard to go wrong with Light & Motion

2 Likes

I’ve been happy with my Blackburn Dayblazer front+rear. I’ve got the 800 front and 125 rear. The front has enough juice to run at full output for about an hour. I haven’t tried using the back in Japanese Seizure Robots mode, so I’m not sure how long it will run at full output.

The main reason I went with the Blackburn is for the IP67 enclosure, after killing two lights in a season due to water ingress.

1 Like

I had terrible luck with Light and Motion, two duds in a row for bar mounted front lights. I switched back to Knog and have been using the same cheap usb rechargable lights for the better part of a decade.

1 Like

We have a thread for that:

$5 says the thread is 90% pants chat. Not very …illuminating.

7 Likes

Blackburn Countdown 1600

I dig the B&M Ixon Core. Not super bright but gets you that nice German beam pattern in a microUSB rechargeable waterproof light

Seconding B&M stuff, Icon IQ premium is heavy but batteries are normal AA rechargeable which you can remove so you can carry more as spares and/or the light won’t die just because the batteries do.

1 Like

I rando with one of the 4aa iq premiums as a backup for a cyo premiums. It’s as good as the cyo which makes it awesome for a backup light.

Did we ever figure out if there are usb-c bike lights?

1 Like

just use a confusing mass of dongles

1 Like

I want a USB-c magneto hub.

It doesn’t look like it would be too difficult to open up a regular micro-usb connected light and graft on a usb-c connector. Bezosland has 5 packs of female connectors + tiny daughterboards, so the fiddly bit of soldering wires to the microscopically tidy connector leads isn’t a problem.

1 Like

Swapping pads on some TRP hylex brakes. Everything goes smoothly, but I can get the pistons to retract far enough with a tire lever. When the new pads go in, there’s not enough space for the rotor to fit between them.

Help!

I put the old pads back in, because I think I can get one more race out of them. Now the lever pulls to the bar. How badly have I fucked myself?

Put the new pads in and go ride it around the block and do a bunch of stoppies and skidz.

I can’t get the rotor between the new pads though. Not enough space.

Take the pads out and use a big flat screwdriver to push the pistons back in and then reinstall the pads and then do what I said earlier.

Fixed it.

1 Like