Did you just ShartQ?

no. Get one of those oddball groupsets that only show at one edition of Taipei and then resurface as OEM parts on some budget Euro bike five years later.

1 Like

Is SHERM releasing a 12 speed road group?

With all the crying about XD or Microspline, I don’t see a 12 speed road cassette coming any time soon

Dude axs is 12sp with proprietary chainring and chain.

I’m curious if the campy 12 chain is near the sram chain.

Well, solved it. It’s not.

I’m thinking 11sp might be the best way forward unless Shimano comes out with a Bluetooth 12speed

Don’t hold your breath.

Bluetooth is old hat. The new gruppos will be SMS.

2 Likes

slack channel with your drivetrain on it

4 Likes

this means we can add :colbert:, just like i did on my workplace slack.

like when you run out of gears on the way up a hill and keep trying to shift to the lower gear, you get :colbert:

3 Likes

Or when you up shift then realize you don’t have the legs after one pedal stroke and shift back down, your dangler sends you :colbert:

5 Likes

I know we are have our personal retrogrouch breaking points, and I have to say that 12-speed is probably mine. I’m going to be that guy riding 11-speed long after the only cassettes available are Sora-level

2 Likes

Might be me too. Another cassette body standard? Oof no.

I enjoy staying one or two steps behind the latest and greatest so I can score used parts to upgrade my bikes.

2 Likes

I’m living the 1x life on my cycletruck. Up on that trend.
But like 42x13-32. Because clearance parts in the clearance frameset

I think I’m going to wifli the next $500 shiftygroup i see

And more than anything, 11-speed components from all makers, even SRAM, work more or less flawlessly, even working together with regards to chains and cassettes. Though I have heard that 12 speed SRAM eTap is next level awesome, I really can’t see it improving the riding experience the way that moving from 5700 to 5800 did

1 Like

Let’s reserve that judgement for shimanos pro road group

I’ve dropped any expectation of interchanging parts between bikes. Get a new bike, get a new bunch of parts. Keep those parts working. New parts are usually pretty good these days. I don’t think I’ve “upgraded” a component group on a bike since replacing an 8 speed 105 group with a 9 speed ultegra group.

Oh, I’ve swapped one or two 6800 fds for cx70 because my bikes all have tires and also a q factor

The MTB is really the only bike I have to fuss with component groups on, due to breakage. The others just keep the same group until the end of time.

When installing a modern Shimano BB that can do 68 or 73 mm shells, if 68 do you use all of the included spacers? They add up to more than that 5 mm difference, come in different denominations that don’t split evenly between both sides. I broke out the calipers, dry stacked the parts on the bench, did a little math.

Used them all.

From the tech doc:

3 Likes