Does anyone ever feel like absolute crap if they don't get to ride every 1-2 days?

Haha!
You’re a dick elder!
Halbritt, stick with it homie. Quitting smoking is the best thing I ever did.
It’s been three years now and I now can enjoy an occasional cig when I’m out drinking or after sex and not fall back into the trap of addiction.
It’s great, but it’s taken a long time and a lot of will power to get to the point I’m at.

Yep, I hate it if I can’t at least get enough of a ride in to work up a sweat. At work in the afternoons sometimes I start to get tired and sluggish but then as soon as I ride home (even if it’s only the short version of the commute ride) I feel a whole shit ton better.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Haha!
You’re a dick elder!
It’s been three years now and I now can enjoy an occasional cig when I’m out drinking or after sex and not fall back into the trap of addiction.
It’s great, but it’s taken a long time and a lot of will power to get to the point I’m at.[/quote]

I’m a 1-3 cig a day smoker, and I love it, so I have no plan to quit anytime soon. I would definitely be concerned about my addiction if it was a pack-a-day affair and all I could think about was my next smoke, but it’s not like that.

Sorry for being a dick If I was, halbritt. I don’t mean to push you back into a habit you wish to leave behind. I just had to be honest.

Sounds like you do it right elder.
I was a 2.5-3.5 pack a day guy at my peak. It was a bad bad scene especially because I was smoking unfiltered rollups.

I am tryin to quit… i have definitely cut down, but i want to quit completely.

It was really hard when i broke my collar bone, but after a few days i was able to do a lot of walkign to try and make up for some of it. And when it snowed in pdx for a couple weeks and i couldn’t ride, i was walking 4-5 miles a day at least.

I am going out of down for two days… and i insisted on bringing my bike cuz i can’t imagine going without. Biking is my drug for sure.

Ug.
I just remembered that I’m going to Ralegh NC on thursday for my cousin’s wedding.
Anybody in that area have a bike I could borrow?

I can completely agree here. Or some sort of fun exercise. I’m all ready getting antsy and almost depressed. I’m sitting at my desk trying to avoid looking at my new bike or outside at the sun, doing my best to remind myself that the wind sucks today, so I’m less tempted to blow off this essay that’s due tomorrow and go for a ride. And go figure, I end up on tarckbike instead.

There was a week where I didn’t get to ride my bike because I could for some reason NOT get my shit together to change a flat (missing tools, etc.) and I just got in to such a slump. The worst was when I was losing sleep because of it.

I can’t even imagine doing a month.

i just have to do something outdoors. if im not riding i’ll go to the skatepark for a few hours, go for a walk or go surfing. a good day of snowboarding is really rewarding too.

[quote=CheshireKat]
It’s made me realize that I really need to move to a more bike friendly city so I can get my workout in.[/quote]

Thats how being in austin a week has made me feel. Fuck you do not need a car at all in that city.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Haha!
You’re a dick elder!
It’s great, but it’s taken a long time and a lot of will power to get to the point I’m at.[/quote]

Sticking with it really isn’t a problem, the suffering sucks, though. I quit for three years previously. I thought I could occasionally smoke. Turns out, I can’t. Of the myriad of addictive things I’ve done in my life, nicotine has been the only one I have difficulty with.

On the topic at hand. Today is a total rest day for me. My knees are wrecked from the weekend and need a break. I’m gettin’ antsy. Wooooo!

Suffering is the only form of education.

yeah. no rear light. and i have one, but it’s at home so it’s not worth buying a new one. plus morning classes and work.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Also, riding a bike is the only thing that has the ability to give me a feeling of freedom living in the city where everything is timed and controled and the police cameras flash their insidious blue lights from the tops of light posts.
When I’m on my bike, I become invisible. I silently slip between the cracks. As the fastest thing on a road full of stationary cars I float by at a speed barley preceptable to an eye trained to watch only the slow moving hulk in front of it. Was I really there? Or was I the hallucination of a poisoned mind? A glimpse of a better way.
When I’m on the bike, I’m off the grid and out of the system. I am unregulated and untraceable. When I’m on the bike I am free.[/quote]

i am enrolled in wageworks, which puts money on my cta card automatically.
right now it’s accumulated over 500 dollars on it. i need to cancel that shit.

My friend tells me that we once hung out with the guy that wrote that book but I have no memory of the event.

[quote=PWR]+1
not riding sucks.
unfortunately, I’ve been out due to lack of a tire.[/quote]
Just noticed this… perfectly good tires can be found in dumpsters and shop tire recycling bins and lots of other places for free. Check it out.

I’m the opposite. The past couple months I was doing 20-30 miles a weekday(not including commutes) and about 100 on the weekend. I felt like crap all the time I was off the bike and was too tired to do anything. My grades have gone down because of it; although I was the fastest I’ve ever been. For the past 2 weeks combined I’ve done maybe 100 miles in commuting/errands, no “riding” at all. I’ve got so much more energy throughout the day, sleeping awesome and getting a ton of school work done. Fuck bikes.

^That’s messed up. You’re doing it wrong, I think. And as for the grades, sacrifices must be made.