Does anyone know ANYONE with an xSogn?

I’ve been looking at them since they’re under $900 at Wally world now, but haven’t seen a single review.

Long chainstays are long.

it’s so cheap just get it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30684316@N08/25651802617/

Read the comments

i got one a few days ago. what do you want to know?

1 Like

Get your Walmart bike to the new person thread, new person.

3 Likes

I want to know if it is a boat anchor that handles like a garbage truck. Also what you’re comparing it to.

Holy cow that’s a stout looking bicycle. How much does the frame weigh?

I just want to read a real review of one before I think about buying it.

How does it handle spirited riding?

I didn’t weigh the frame, but the stock build–without pedals and with tubes–was 25.6lb. As pictured, without lights/bottles/bag but with rack/basket/fenders/brooks/pedals/tubes, is a bit under 30lb.

for the ~50mi i’ve done so far, it rides like a sprightly touring bike and that’s exactly what i got it for. handling is great, no-hands with a bit of stuff in basket is very stable. construction of the frame is good, no surprises.

i’m comparing to a fuji cross and a kilo wt (steamroller clone), i’ve put a lot of miles on each. this feels much more similar to the kilo wt, but with discs/gears/nicer front end handling with a load.

i’ll be doing a bunch of >100mi rides next year so we’ll see on the ~spirits~ business.

a ringing endorsement

This is some top shelf Brianforums stuff right here. I’ve gotten used to a much higher quality level of personal opinion “reviews” on here. Comparing this to a cross bike and a sweet fixie isn’t really a valid comparison, is it?

What’s the tubing spec?

Mentally subtracting the other parts, that frame’s got pretty stout tubing. If you’re not looking for a flexy frame and don’t mind shoving a couple of extra pounds down the road, I’m sure it’s fine – I’ve run series on a Soma Speedster, which is not flexible unless you’re shoving many more watts into the pedals that I’m capable of – but it’s not a particularly Tarck-compliant frame.

Oh, yeah, you need to post that thing in The Nü Nü Nü People Thread so it can be appropriately mocked.

someone on ibob said 8/5/8, no citation. it’s a bike. photos/geo chart tell most of the story. it’s more bikey than other walmart bikes and less bikey than a firefly. probably similarly bikey to a h/g but more walmart and more orange.

Go away

I really like that on the new forum you can see how much a lurker lurked before talking

You need to post your bikes in the new guy thread before you reply in anymore threads

Reading this made me want to leave Tarck

2 Likes

eww no.