Does this frame suck?

thanks for those links. i think i’ve been looking in the wrong place

[quote=“anthegreat1”]i saw these on their site too. cheaper and with cable routing guides. hmmmm
plus that green color sucks booty
[/quote]

I think these frames look awesome. He basically had the factory make him a Steamroller with the braze-ons that Surly stupidly left off. The cost of a Jury frameset is less than the wholesale price of a Steamroller, plus it comes with a headset.

Like Mander said, none of these are legit “track” bikes, just road bike with track ends. There’s nothing wrong with that though, and it’s actually a whole lot more practical for almost every rider than something like the Alien (unless you’re actually planning on racing it at the velodrome).

thats why i was considering them. there isn’t a velodrome anywhere near hear, i mainly like the look of track bikes.

i’ve got some time to decide though . . . . . .it’ll be at least a month before i can buy anything anyway.

Only the most discerning bike nerd will be able to tell the difference between a track bike and a fixed-gear road bike, and we’re all too busy reading the internet to notice.

oh what i meant by the look is the lack of derailers etc. not that it had to be a track frame. I’ll take almost anything as long as it’s lighter than the boat anchor i ride now.

This frame kicks the ass.

yes it is. the shipping is not

That frame will sell for a boatload.

edit: What have I done? Don’t read this.

username’s string of kickass posts ends

I disagree. I thought it was pretty funny, however unintentional.

anywayz, while on the topic, anyone here own a jury?
i think i’m going to pull the trigger on my first paycheck. (few weeks away at least)
I’m down with the tire clearance and easy fender accessibility. Plus I only need a front brake (the back has the issues)

are you refering to the kilo tt you built up recently?

The post was from September, so whatever he built recently, it’s obviously not what the OP was referring to.

Yea he had an older Schwinn conversion. This thread confused the hell out of me at first too

[quote=houdini logic]anywayz, while on the topic, anyone here own a jury?
i think i’m going to pull the trigger on my first paycheck. (few weeks away at least)
I’m down with the tire clearance and easy fender accessibility. Plus I only need a front brake (the back has the issues)[/quote]

I have one; it’s definitely good for certain things. But let’s just say it’s not the first bike I’m reaching for on a beautiful spring day…

[quote=waychel][quote=houdini logic]anywayz, while on the topic, anyone here own a jury?
I’m down with the tire clearance and easy fender accessibility. Plus I only need a front brake (the back has the issues)[/quote]

I have one; it’s definitely good for certain things. But let’s just say it’s not the first bike I’m reaching for on a beautiful spring day…[/quote]
what do you mean by that?

It is heavy and sluggish, in my opinion. Mine is chrome, so I bet it’s even heavier than the regular ones. It also has super long chainstays (there is some disagreement about how this affects handling). Also, the geometry works okay for me, but note that the Juries have really long top tubes. The 56 size has a 54 c-c seat tube and a 56.8 c-c top tube. Somehow there is still toe overlap (with 700 x 34 tires though). I also ride a Langster Comp and a Paul Donohue Reynolds 853 track bike and they are so much more fun to ride. My Jury is pretty much relegated to slush/grocery duty at this point.

Am I not human? Do I not bleed?

(Actually, I am not human and I don’t bleed, but that is beside the point).

oops, my bad. didn’t even look at the post date.