Dreamland: what are you day dreaming of thread

[quote=Joe]buying this on thursday:

riding it next summer up here:

[/quote]
my best friend and i are currently planning a UP trip for the summer, let’s fucking do it

[quote=PROMONARC][quote=Joe]buying this on thursday:
+

[/quote]
my best friend and i are currently planning a UP trip for the summer, let’s fucking do it[/quote]
my brother is up there right now, not touring but still jealous
there’s a tentative crew of five of us talking about two weeks next summer, ditching the cars somewhere safe when we get there (like in st. ignace or mackinaw city or something) and covering around 60 miles per day on the bike (ideally). camping and a little hiking as well.
we could have a u.p. touring posse!

you might need long reach brakes
nashbar sells some cheap ones
or Rivendell has some Shimanos on special

maybe play around with wheels and tires a little first to see if it’ll work? you’ll want to go for a skinny rim set of mtn wheels.[/quote]

yeah, i figure i can get some long reach brakes, i just don’t know how limited i’d be with fat tires. something about narrower 26" slicks rubs me the wrong way, i’d want the fattest fatty mc fat-fats i could fit.[/quote]

Fat tires won’t fit between the chainstays. Reasonably fat 26" gatorskins might work.

i’ve been dreaming of a cross bike, ss w/ dual teeth freewheel, discs, frame can hold 2" mtb tires, 2 wheelsets(one for cross 35mm, one for mtb 2"), compact drops.

probably steel and custom made.

you might need long reach brakes
nashbar sells some cheap ones
or Rivendell has some Shimanos on special

maybe play around with wheels and tires a little first to see if it’ll work? you’ll want to go for a skinny rim set of mtn wheels.[/quote]

yeah, i figure i can get some long reach brakes, i just don’t know how limited i’d be with fat tires. something about narrower 26" slicks rubs me the wrong way, i’d want the fattest fatty mc fat-fats i could fit.[/quote]

Fat tires won’t fit between the chainstays. Reasonably fat 26" gatorskins might work.[/quote]

yeah, it’s pretty obvious even just eyeballing that it’s not going to fit any really wide tires, but something can go in there for sure.

you know what? i need to just go for it and buy what i need for my new bike.

Dreaming of a milwalkee bruiser, built up with huge tires on dark silver deepv’s laced to chris king single speed hubs, saint cranks etc awesome bike.

also steel cross bike with full sram red.

remember that Cannondale Track tribute bike tzusing was talking about? That. but as a Monstercross/29er frame. lugged steel fork, Pacenti mtn crown. disks. aluminum frame, sliding dropouts. gears. some kinda gunmetal-ish ano color.

a sort of descendant of the 80s touring-ish mountain bikes. but 29 and disk.

[quote=sneaky viking]remember that Cannondale Track tribute bike tzusing was talking about? That. but as a Monstercross/29er frame. lugged steel fork, Pacenti mtn crown. disks. aluminum frame, sliding dropouts. gears. some kinda gunmetal-ish ano color.

a sort of descendant of the 80s touring-ish mountain bikes. but 29 and disk.[/quote]
he needs to hurry up and finish those, then do a tarck raffle

[quote=sneaky viking]remember that Cannondale Track tribute bike tzusing was talking about? That. but as a Monstercross/29er frame. lugged steel fork, Pacenti mtn crown. disks. aluminum frame, sliding dropouts. gears. some kinda gunmetal-ish ano color.

a sort of descendant of the 80s touring-ish mountain bikes. but 29 and disk.[/quote]

that sounds hot as fuck.

i need to get my kilo in working order, and my ross, and the redline is pretty beat too.

im dreaming of a properly fitting bike

what sizes do you have that aren’t fitting you?

64cm motomess, 63cm centurion, 63? kilo tt, bmx bike :stuck_out_tongue:

im all legs i think. even with hella seatpost, i find myself with my elbows locked :frowning:

i swear a saw a 66cm frame on craigslist recently, decent frame, decent price.

different bike, but i think the same seller. not the most high-end thing ever, probably something to talk the price down on if you can. but your size, which i imagine is hard to find.

[quote=Joe]buying this on thursday:

[/quote]
a lot like my day dreams… just throw a countryfied cross check on top.

[quote=Joe][quote=PROMONARC][quote=Joe]buying this on thursday:
+

[/quote]
my best friend and i are currently planning a UP trip for the summer, let’s fucking do it[/quote]
my brother is up there right now, not touring but still jealous
there’s a tentative crew of five of us talking about two weeks next summer, ditching the cars somewhere safe when we get there (like in st. ignace or mackinaw city or something) and covering around 60 miles per day on the bike (ideally). camping and a little hiking as well.
we could have a u.p. touring posse![/quote]
total car parkage at my grandma’s in Roger’s City (50ish miles east of Mackinaw City) I did a bit in the area this summer but it was 2 weeks after my bad accident and I still wasn’t physically up to par to do much, but it’s a fucking beautiful place.

Start selling your bikes, saving up money for a bike that fits. I’ll help you find one.