Dynamo help

How’s the side visibility? That’s one of my favorite part of the secula.

[quote=ergott]DQ.
To run a rear I just splice the wire so both front and rear go directly to the hub? I can splice in the rear wire anywhere along the way?[/quote]

Peter has a valid point about running them both directly from the hub if you want the rear light on while you charge.
The only thing I have to add is an issue I just heard about from a friend that is running eDelux II & Secula.
He was running them both independently wired from the hub and had strange issue that when he stopped the Secula standlight would go out. I suggested he flip the terminal for the taillight and he said that it fixed it. So make sure you double check the polarity.

even if you plug the secula into the headlight but you mix up the polarity you end up with nearly non existent standlight.

edit: misread your post

DQ: the luxos u I ordered from Peter white has a different switch than what I was expecting. Rather than having the USB port on the switch itself, there is a wire with a headphone-type connection and a separate USB port that plugs into it. Is this an older version? Is PW trying to get one over on me?

Yeah its definitely an older version. The new ones the USB/switch is hard wired to the light.

Ugh Peter white

But he’s been real nice to me on the phone

wait, hold up, we might need pics.
Sounds different than the original and the most recent version. Maybe version 3.0?

Version 1.0 looks like this:

Untitled by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

Untitled by Andrew_Squirrel, on Flickr

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]wait, hold up, we might need pics.
Sounds different than the original and the most recent version. Maybe version 3.0?[/quote]

Sounds like something that would plug in to their battery pack.

Bruh I think you got the new shit
http://www.bumm.de/produkte/dynamo-scheinwerfer/lumotec-iq2-luxos.html

Yep, you got Version 3.0.

Version 2.0 looks like this:

oh shit, I better check to see what I got, I haven’t even opened the package yet cuz I was just expecting Version 2.0.

Yeah definitely not 1.0 or 2.0. The switch is hardwired to the light but the USB port is on a separate wire. Will upload a picture when I get home. I’m kind of annoyed because I was expecting 2.0, which is whats pictured on the website. New version seems much less clean, especially when nothing is plugged in.

ShartAttack posted link to their website which has a photo of 3.0:

Gotcha. Yep that’s it.

I can’t decide if I like the new one better or not. Depends on whether the battery pack thing charges more efficiently than going straight to USB.

The switch with the little nub out is v3. I was disappointed when I got it. Now all that messy wire practically lives inside my bag and I have no fucks to give.

yeah 3.0 is what i just got from starbike

maybe it’s better in the rain? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

[quote=joy of tarcking]yeah 3.0 is what i just got from starbike

maybe it’s better in the rain? ¯_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]
That’s the point of the redesign I think. Water could get into the button pod through the usb port in 1.0 and 2.0 (Mine got pretty wet inside in a 3-day downpour and the button malfunctioned for a while until it dried out.) In 3.0, they have a waterproof connection and the non-waterproof usb port dangles on a wire further away, so that you can stash it in your handlebar bag where it doesn’t get rained on. Or remove the usb and seal the connector with a cap.
It’s much less elegant than 2.0 though for sure.

What’s the setup for clean internal wiring ports? DI2 grommets and that coax cable?