ever try to not look like a jackass?

i feel this sometimes. stemmed from another post.

for instance, instead of my tarckbike, i take my beat up bmx bike to school. before, i’d park a mile and a half away from campus (a free parking lot next to frenchy’s fried chicken) and it would make the 3-4 minute ride to class quicker and fun (and free). i figured i have a truckbed and a bicycle, some kids load up the longboard in the civic trunk and go to class. i’ve seen one kid with a unicycle. (i’ve also seen him bust his ass.) i’m blessed with a truckbed. walking from this free lot takes 25 minutes. fuck walking.

now that i have better parking which is closer, i feel like a jackass pulling out a bright orange tarkcbike out of the truckbed for a drastically shorter bike ride from the parking lot to campus (15 minute walk), and campus all around. with the bmx bike it’s cool because it’s not flashy and smaller. attracts alot less attention. i just hate looking like “that guy”.

i probably am now for making this post but whatever

anyone else try to suppress behavior that you feel would make you look like a tarckass posenger?

Park further away.

Nope.
I take it to the extreme, I ride around downtown and act like I’m actually picking up packages in my ginat Chrome bag.
I also like to lock and relock to stuff through my front aeropsoke.

ride your bike to school son, who cares what people think.

I don’t wear my Trackstar “NITTO: WHat the fuck do they know about NJS?” shirt when riding. That just seems too much.

Also, I don’t even know what the shirt means. But it says nitto and fuck, so it’s gotta be cool. right?

ha yea it’s just the feeling. like i feel embarrassed when i put it back in my truckbed. i feel like “that asshole” that everyone makes fun of on here.

when i took the bus to school this summer it was pretty fun. i loaded the bike on the bus racks and instead of waiting for a 45 minute transfer, i’d ride my bike 3 miles from the station. see i live in the suburbs so it was cool riding around in the city. i felt like my bike had a legitimate purpose instead of being just a money pit that i dick around on during weekends. i’m thinking about taking the bus on fridays and maybe wednesdays because i dont have work, class lets out before sundown, and it’ll save a bit of gas. i live 45 minutes away.

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]i feel this sometimes. stemmed from another post.

for instance, instead of my tarckbike, i take my beat up bmx bike to school. before, i’d park a mile and a half away from campus (a free parking lot next to frenchy’s fried chicken) and it would make the 3-4 minute ride to class quicker and fun (and free). i figured i have a truckbed and a bicycle, some kids load up the longboard in the civic trunk and go to class. i’ve seen one kid with a unicycle. (i’ve also seen him bust his ass.) i’m blessed with a truckbed. walking from this free lot takes 25 minutes. fuck walking.

now that i have better parking which is closer, i feel like a jackass pulling out a bright orange tarkcbike out of the truckbed for a drastically shorter bike ride from the parking lot to campus (15 minute walk), and campus all around. with the bmx bike it’s cool because it’s not flashy and smaller. attracts alot less attention. i just hate looking like “that guy”.

anyone else try to suppress behavior that you feel would make you look like a tarckass posenger?[/quote]
The best way to not look like a tarckass posenger is not to be one. Ride your fucking bike, don’t put it in your truck. If you drive to school, walk from the parking lot to your class. Save the good spots at the bike rack for people who actually rode to school.

I ride my grocery bike around campus. Half of that is that I’m not that comfortable locking up there though.

+1

[quote=“deadforkinglast”][quote=“tx_what_it_do”]i feel this sometimes. stemmed from another post.

anyone else try to suppress behavior that you feel would make you look like a tarckass posenger?[/quote]
The best way to not look like a tarckass posenger is not to be one. Ride your fucking bike, don’t put it in your truck. If you drive to school, walk from the parking lot to your class. Save the good spots at the bike rack for people who actually rode to school.[/quote]

Pretty sure there’s plenty of bike spots at UH. He also doesn’t have the convenience of riding to class considering that it would take him more than a couple hours to complete the ride. And if you didn’t read the post, it takes 25 minutes to walk to fucking class. Who the fuck wants to walk 25 minutes when they can ride 4 minutes? Also, where the fuck did you get this holier than thou attitude? Shove it, dude.

Just ride your bike Francis, who gives a shit what people say of it.

i once got into a “hey what gear ratio do you run” conversation with someone at the bike racks once.

nobody rides bikes at school, really. it’s an 85% commuter school. so seeing anyone on a bike that isn’t a walmart next mountainbike is pretty neat.

and this isn’t a huge problem i have, just wondering if anyone ever gets that feeling.

oh like how when i had longer hair and rode the bus, i’d wear my cycling cap to keep the hair from my eyes while riding, but the second i got on campus the cycling cap came off. i never walked around with a cycling cap on. cycling cap with the krew jeans and white shirt and sambas would have been a lil too much.

move closer to school?

-j

Krew as in KR3W the skateboard company?

you’re worrying about this way too much

haha i’m not WORRYING, i’m not saying this is an issue or need a solution. i just had to put in an example.

i’m just wondering if anyone else ever gets that feeling?

goddamnit i knew this was gonna turn for the worse. fucking tarckbike a.d.d :colbert:

Im rather socially anxious and I would worry about that too.

i mean you don’t want to give otherwise potential friends the wrong idea

If a posenger is someone who isn’t a messenger but dresses (more or less) like a bike messenger, carries a messenger bag, and rides a track bike – then I am a posenger. I can live with that.

+me