For anything!

1 Like

Weirdo holdout checking in.

1 Like

2017 rang

1 Like

thats a nice looking bike though.

might

Isn’t that the neutral support bike from the 2015 tour de france?

edit: I think they had droppers

edit 2: I now see that this bike has a dropper

3 Likes

That’s actually a ingenious way to get on the fly seat height adjustment. Didn’t realize they did that…

2 Likes

I"m not sure the added cost, weight, and complexity makes it more worthwhile than a seatpost with a bit of electrical tape marking the low setting and a qr seat collar. Is the idea there that you crest the hill, hit the dropper, and get low?

If it’s neutral support, the idea is that if you crash your bike, you are given this one. Then you get on it and hammer it right away to catch up with the pack and then fiddle with seat height adjustment later.

Ohhh shit neutral support right. I was picturing people hitting the switch while cresting a hill and being like neeeeeyyyoooowwwww in a super sweet aero tuck.

3 Likes

That was my idea too.

Droppers are coming to gravel/road bikes (increasingly the same thing), or are already here

1 Like

Is the gravel application to allow the bikes to descend more gnarly roads? I haven’t seen many gravel road descents that would require getting the saddle that far out of the way.

1 Like

Wait you guys don’t have a dropper on your gravel bike?

1 Like

Lowering the seat vs extending your legs to hover above the saddle when it gets bumpy

2 Likes

This is one of my least favorite current bike trends. I’m fine with mountain bikes and touring bikes and hybrid commuters, I just also want a bike that’s best at going pretty fast and handling well on paved roads. I have zero interest in churning along a gravel road, what am I, a farmer?

Nope. Droppers are expensive (particularly the 27.2 ones.) It’s far more likely that my (still hypothetical; I’d need to buy a chairtube instead of pulling one out of my botched tubes pile) minivelo will see a dropper before any of my other machines.

1 Like

What, you don’t fantasize about dropping a bong to go prove yourself in some godforsaken Kansas headwind?

1 Like

There are, at least in and around the Willamette Valley, some awfully pretty tertiary roads that are either dirt or gravel, and which are maintained well enough so you can keep a good head of steam (if you’ve got tires that are wide enough for a little float.)

1 Like

Well I don’t think that road bikes are being consumed by gravel, just that I see a lot of people around here using their “gravel” bike as their primary bike. It’s certainly how I use my NFE, despite having a 16lbs Super Record carbon road bike

You can still go buy a sick road bike, if you want