Executive Assistant Jackass of the Day

“The juvenile offender has been the first in Bethlehem, and perhaps the state, to be charged under a new section of Pennsylvania law that provides additional protection for cyclists on our roadways. The section took effect at 12:01 a.m. on the date of the crash.”

Lulz.

Kudos to the bus driver for penning the dude in. Conscious drivin’, mon.
Glad to see the commuter get back up so fast.

[quote=b-roll]Kudos to the bus driver for penning the dude in. Conscious drivin’, mon.
Glad to see the commuter get back up so fast.[/quote]
this
the thing is though that guy could be really hurt and standing. It takes a while for those kinds of injuries to sink in.

lemme tell ya about it

I mean when I just got hit I was standing and walking fine then the next day I had to have the lady sit me up and feed me my pain killer

fuckin adrenaline, how does it work?

[quote=turpencat][quote=b-roll]Kudos to the bus driver for penning the dude in. Conscious drivin’, mon.
this
the thing is though that guy could be really hurt and standing. It takes a while for those kinds of injuries to sink in.[/quote]
this

Dumb youtube comments ruined my feelgood moment.

Glad rider is ok and I love you bus driver.

[quote=ICP]And I don’t wanna talk to a scientist
Y’all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed[/quote]

[quote=DDYTDY]Dumb youtube comments ruined my feelgood moment.

Glad rider is ok and I love you bus driver.[/quote]

[quote=turpencat][quote=b-roll]Kudos to the bus driver for penning the dude in. Conscious drivin’, mon.
this
the thing is though that guy could be really hurt and standing. It takes a while for those kinds of injuries to sink in.[/quote]

True, but I still say walking after accident has good prognostic value.

I was sitting up when my spine was fractured. I think I moved around at some point but knew better than to try to stand up. Didn’t really hit me till I was in the ER.

shock is a helluva thing. natures way of getting your smashed up body to a cave where you can lay low for a while

In every crit crash I’ve seen, the guys involved immediately jump up right after hitting the ground. It’s so bizarre why the human body feels the need to do that.

Did that when I went OTB headfirst into the road when I first started riding bikes. Literally jumped right the fuck back onto my feet, was weird. Mostly shock at not being totally brutally injured ATMO (trashed my helmet and had incredibly sore neck muscles for two weeks afterwards, but at the time nothing that stood out)

stay on the ground while going toe to toe with a sabre toothed cat or whatever and you’re guaranteed to be fancy feast. it’s like nature’s version of this:

yeah i linked a wiki :confused:

Dougtor Heathapedia?

I’ve done this twice. Once I hopped up, straightened my shit out, and rode home. Felt like I’d been hit by a train the next day.

The other time I was knocked unconscious. I don’t remember anything, but apparently I tried to fight the medics when I started coming to (or whatever).

And then tried to fight the ER docs when they tried to deal with me.

I probably could have taken those fuckers in a fair fight.

My girl (least aggressive gal ever) tried to fight the paramedics loading her into an ambulance after she knocked herself unconscious wiping out on some wet tracks recently. I talked to someone with emergency response training and they said that it happens all the time with patients who are just regaining consciousness. What’s up with that?