Faxmachine's ongoing for-sale thread

Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS/Computer. Includes out-in-front mount (new), extra o-ring type mounts (new), MTB-style mount, charging cable, original box, manuals. Screen is 9.0-9.5 out of 10. Very light use. Will be reset to factory defaults before shipping.
$145

Kryptonite Alley F-300 headlight. Very good condition. Does not include USB charging cable.
$18

Topeak Whitelite HP-500 headlight. Very light use. Does not include USB charging cable.
$27

Teravail Rampart 650B x 47 tires. Light/supple casing with tan sidewalls. New.
$65/pair

Knog Oi silver classic bell (22.2mm size).
$5

Prices do not include shipping. Photos can be seen here.

Ramparts have been claimed.

Garmin is sold pending payment.

I’ll take the Ramparts.

They’re gone.

One pair of Panaracer GravelKing tires. Brown sidewalls, 650B x 48. New in package.

SOLD

Time to clean out the closet.

adidas Terrex Trailcross MTB shorts. Black, size 36 (more like 34-35). New w/tags. $35 - SOLD
Castelli Inferno bib short. Black/white/red, size XXL (more like XL). New w/tags. $90 - SOLD
Castelli Climber’s 2.0 jersey. Grey/white, size XXL (more like L/XL). New w/tags. $50 - SOLD
Sportful Giara overshort (aka, mtb shorts). Blue, size XL (approx 34-35). New w/o tags (care tag has been removed). $25 - SOLD
Sweet Protection Hunter Enduro shorts. Blazing orange, size XL (approx 34-35). New w/tags. $45 SOLD

PIcs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wapzgDCXHpbRtXzW8

What’s the inseam length on the blue and orange shorts?

Orange is ~16"
Blue is ~11"

Those are some JNCO inseam numbers

JNCO could have made a killing in the enduro-bro market.

1 Like

It might have made their revival stick.

Is a 16 inseam to… go over knee pads? Under them?

So much of this world I need to learn about

I’ll take those orange boys.

Thanks for saving my wallet from them.

1 Like

I suspect it’s to avoid an unsightly gap between one’s shants and knee pads.

2 Likes

I just have long femurs :man_shrugging:

But if anyone has any trail knee pads I’m in the market for those too.

Blackburn Outpost Elite seat pack. Installed (once), but never used. $85/shipped - SOLD

as @Rent-to-own-Faxmachine said, they’re meant to overlap knee pads. They go over, not under. Your shorts move up and down as you bend your knees and pedal.

I’m only 5’10, but i need a minimum 14" inseam in shorts to not have a gap between knee pads and shorts that leaves me with a real weird suntan. So 16" seems about right to cover taller folks. The other 11" ones are quite short for a mtb short.

I wear knee pads all time due to the prevalence of rocks and crushed granite here. The crushed granite will make minced meat out of your knees in a minor crash. I think knee pads are growing in popularity for this reason as they’re no longer seen as something only worn by downhillers and there are lots of options that are comfortable for long pedaling.
Exposed skin is a real hazard if you don’t live in areas with buffed out loamy trail.

knee pads are kind of the jam. all the dope flexible poron pads are comfortable enough to only complain a bit on normal rides, but significantly more comfortable than nothing in the event of a crash. would recommend.

When I went down last Oct/Nov my knee looked like it had been attacked by a cheese grater. I probably would have gotten stitches, but there wasn’t anything left to suture.