First Fixed Gear?

that dawes model comes with a freewheel so you shouldn’t remove the brakes until you put on a cog

i don’t know!

i just had the impression that no one had brakes on their fixed gear bikes.

That still doesn’t tell me why you wouldn’t want a brake. Do you not like stopping your bike quickly and safely?[/quote]

Didn’t you hear? Riding fixed gear is all about being reckless.

god damnit the kilo TT won’t ship out till may 20th!

MAY 20th!?

some people do, some people don’t. since this is your first fixed gear, you might want to consider it

[quote=dpc1192]i don’t know!

i just had the impression that no one had brakes on their fixed gear bikes.[/quote]

Plenty of people don’t, but that doesn’t make it smart or worth doing. People who know what their doing can stop a bike reasonably well without a brake (although nowhere near as well as you can with one), but I wouldn’t recommend that anyone, much less a novice fixed gear rider take the brakes off his bike and go heading out onto the roads. Read any internet forum and you’ll be regaled with stories of accident after accident from riders who don’t know how to stop their bike without a brake, yet insist of riding without one. It’s never their fault of course, even if simply squeezing a lever with two fingers would have made the difference between t-boning the car or not.

so you only say things if they’re the “in” thing? go eat a can of assholes, pussy.

so you only say things if they’re the “in” thing? go eat a can of assholes, pussy.[/quote]

How do you remove assholes to be stored in cans?

i’m too buzzed to answer that,m sorry.

It’s okay. Maybe we can discuss this at a later time.

word, coolieo

Get this…

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=38447&eid=109

countless tarckbike polls and posts all agree that this is the best fixed-gear bike available.

It’s out of his pricerange but I will agree that it is the coolest.

i thought the Felt Curbside was the best?

if you can get your hands on the 08 curbside, then definitely- yeah, it’s the best.

they biffed it on the 09.

OP, have you been to bikeforums?

It really is a much better place for questions like yours

You should really just keep your 7.2. Them’s is alright bikes.

most of you ITT: die

nou