First Fixed Gear?

I’m gonna try to sell my Trek7.2fx to get a fixed gear…

I’ve ridden my Trek like 3 times in my life, and am tired of it wasting space in the garage.

I’m about 6’1-6’2, what size frame would I need? Where could I find one of these bad boys for like 300 dollars or less!?!

Thanks ALOT

This is a very bfssfg answer, but go read/use the search function. I would tell you to go eat a jar of dicks, but I don’t know if tarck is still doing that.

alright i’ll scope around…

i just thought i’d ask

odb was kind of handsome, in his own way.

no ones got any suggestions for me? besides craigslist?

this forum is sort of hard to navigate… the search is at least

bikesdirect.com is your friend

Go to a goddamn bike shop to get a general idea of what fits. Some shops even sell shit by SE, which would be in your price range.

GEARS R4 PUSSIES!

Kevin, he can search all he wants, but I don’t think anyone here is going to be able to tell him what size frame he needs.

Though nothing short of a pro-fit beats simply stopping into a shop with experienced sales people who can get you sized up for the right size bike, a few places likes this can get you started.

I agree. Until he got fat. Then it was downhill from there.

Also, if you want a cheap track bike, just buy the Bikes Direct Kilo TT and be done with it.

[quote=bonechilling]Kevin, he can search all he wants, but I don’t think anyone here is going to be able to tell him what size frame he needs.

Though nothing short of a pro-fit beats simply stopping into a shop with experienced sales people who can get you sized up for the right size bike, a few places likes this can get you started.[/quote]

While I agree that searching alone would ultimately turn into a wild goose chase, a combination of lurking tarck/bfssfg and searching google would probably yield some pretty decent results.

check out this badboy

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/thehour.htm

that boy is bad, buy the 58cm and hush up.

The general consensus has always been that that Kilo TT is worth the extra $50 for the significant decrease in ugliness.

okk

soooo… whats the deal with getting a singlespeed with brakes, and then removing the brakes?

it’s not a hard process is it?

I think I might just get this

I’d second this, I (my friend did the building) built up a conversion and it was nice and all but cost roughly 350$ and headaches. Also, later I rode a kilo TT and I was like, “why this is really pretty damn awesome”.

I regret not getting the TT dearly.

Also, go to a shop acting as though you really wanna buy a bike and the vultures of salesmen will pretty much suck you off. I guess a good bike-fitting would be a secondary plus.

The Dawes is the same thing as a zillion other super-cheap fixed gear bikes out there. All these bikes are decent, and your purchase should basically boil down to taste/money to spend. Any bike you buy should be professionally assembled since you clearly know very little about bicycles (no offense).

Why would you want to remove the brakes?

isn’t part of the whole fixie thing not having brakes for skids, etc…

oh and I think I found a winner 350 shipped, I’d get white tape and seat too.

[quote=bonechilling]The Dawes is the same thing as a zillion other super-cheap fixed gear bikes out there. All these bikes are decent, and your purchase should basically boil down to taste/money to spend. Any bike you buy should be professionally assembled since you clearly know very little about bicycles (no offense).

Why would you want to remove the brakes?[/quote]

To bust out mad skidz on wicked sick bikes.

That still doesn’t tell me why you wouldn’t want a brake. Do you not like stopping your bike quickly and safely?