"Fixstyle" - innovation or just hipsters hurting themselves

it seems that over the past year or 2 with the insurgence of Bootleg sessions and videos from japan of halfpipe riding on track bikes, this whole “fixstyle” thing as blown up. how many have you have seen a NACCC or Worlds best trick contest? no one lands anything. and the big prize goes to the rider who can actually stick a maneuver such as a 180 or footjam tailwhip. these tricks are pretty much effortless on a bmx. so why is it so cool to do tricks on a bike that is not made for tricks. i mean trackstands are a given considering you can only trackstand on a track bike but it is a little silly to destroy a bike made for the velo trying to do what can be accomplished easier smoother and more precisely on a different bike. comments?

it’s stupid, but i don’t give enough of a fuck to write more than a sentence about it.

edit: but i will give build advice to folks who are hell-bent on breaking their shit.

You can only trackstand on a track bike? That’s weird, I can trackstand on any bike.

cut him some slack. he probably messed in the 90s and is a really strong rider.

Why do you care? Laugh at their shitty tricks and move on.

You can definately trackstand on non-fixed bikes

Somebody make a shop of Muqtada al Sader on a Gangsta Track

why is it cool to ride a track bike on the street which is not made to be ridden on the street?

get off your elitist-as-fuck messenger platform and realize that youre wholly contradicting yourself.

Tricks are 4 fun. Why do people smoke weed? Why do people drink beer? Why do people go clubbin?

and tarck bike now has its very own holier-than-though-im-better-than-you-cause-i-mess member!!!

Keep this shit off the board please. Go to brianforums if you want to discuss old played out topics.

HAHA MY BUTThole itches

like jeffrey lewis once said

don’t be upset, it’s only an octopus
don’t bother it and i’m sure it won’t bother us

don’t be upset, don’t be in a bad mood
let’s just go to a show and hang out and feel good

not anymore you can’t. he said you can’t so you can’t. i just tried and did a faceplant on a curb, i’ve lost the ability

not anymore you can’t. he said you can’t so you can’t. i just tried and did a faceplant on a curb, i’ve lost the ability[/quote]

i have a story about that: i was trackstanding on my roadbike. the headset was shot. stem moved, i fell. awesome!