Fred Your Dead

20 miles commuting a day
full spandex kit, arm/legwarmers, lycra beanie
helmeted 24/7

just need to graduate from mess bag to panniers for ultimate freddom

Hi-vis bright yellow reflective vest cru REPRESENT

i haven’t taken this plunge yet, but i suspect it’s in my relatively near future

15 miles a day commuting
cycling cap under helmet
bright yellow panniers
lights left on bike even thought they arent on during the day
fenders
mtb bike pedals
cut off dickies over lycra
jersey

sometimes though i switch into my alter ego
sandwich delivering yamaguchi riding roadie dropping red light running destroyer of all fred’s dreams

EAT SHIT FREDS!

sprays accelerade mix bottle in your beards

[quote=Kowloon]
just need to graduate from mess bag to panniers for ultimate freddom[/quote]

best thing in the world (of fred).

[quote=octopus magic]EAT SHIT FREDS!

sprays accelerade mix bottle in your beards[/quote]
LOL.

I’m kinda pumped that it’s raining because it feels good to cruise around unfazed with some full fenders and a nice rain shell.

[quote=octopus magic]EAT SHIT FREDS!

sprays accelerade mix bottle in your beards[/quote]
GAAAAAHHHH!!!
Throws remains of half-eaten peanut butter n’ banana sandwich in your general direction.

Fuckin’ roadies…

swerves on recumbent trying to ride up hill in wind with giant NO WAR FOR OIL sign on back

^^ you’re obviously not fred enough for the giant aero fairing on the front of your recumbent to keep you from needing to swerve.

semi-fred full fenders, panniers, lights, 6.5 mir RT

No lycra, no vest, rides in “regular pants” rain shell or wool sweeter.

[quote=chevy42083]
(not mine)[/quote]
This is what my bikes are going to look like when I’m 75.

The freddest thing I do (what I catch shit for all the time) is ride with BMX pedals. But fuck it. I like them and I still have pretty alright spin.

Oh and also bullmoose bars higher than my saddle. The guys at the roadie shop downtown (Spokesman) give me weird looks every time I walk in with the Stumpjumper.

Forgot to mention I use bar/saddle bags, full fenders and have a beard as well.

[quote=deadforkinglast][quote=chevy42083]
(not mine)[/quote]

The freddest thing I do (what I catch shit for all the time) is ride with BMX pedals. But fuck it. I like them and I still have pretty alright spin.

Oh and also bullmoose bars higher than my saddle. The guys at the roadie shop downtown (Spokesman) give me weird looks every time I walk in with the Stumpjumper.[/quote]

They have no love for an '83 Stumpjumper? WTF are you doing in working in a shop if you have no love?!

ugh, i forgot that i have a jersey that is basically hi-vis yellow too.

How do you forget you own that shit.

Commuter. Fenders, lights, panniers, ride to and from work in slacks, shirt & tie. Yup.

[quote=Gnarshred][quote=deadforkinglast][quote=chevy42083]
(not mine)[/quote]

Oh and also bullmoose bars higher than my saddle. The guys at the roadie shop downtown (Spokesman) give me weird looks every time I walk in with the Stumpjumper.[/quote]

They have no love for an '83 Stumpjumper? WTF are you doing in working in a shop if you have no love?![/quote]
They give me a lot of attitude. Some people have better experiences there than I do.

source:
http://www.thirdwave-websites.com/bike/trek830.cfm